Transgender policy change

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've read through the various posts and thought that it would be helpful to share my perspective as a Venturing Crew advisor for a Crew with two trangender youths.  I haven't seen anyone else post tha

I disagree.  I don't think this change in registration policy will be limited to the transgender issue.  There will be girls who will register as boys simply because they disagree with BSA's boys-only

Get real! When I was a scout and a Scoutmaster, patrols could camp without adults. They can't anymore. That is huge!   Watching the Canadian Scouts go through their changes and listening and partici

If one can change their gender simply by feeling that way, I'm going to get my children's pass to the movies tonight because my wife's been telling me I'm acting like a 12 year old.  Might as well jump at it while I can. 

Me: Ma'am, I would like one child's ticket to tonight's movie.

Ticket Lady: I'm sorry but you look to be a senior citizen.

Me: But I feel more comfortable being 12.

Ticket Lady: I'm sorry we can't do that, would you like a senior ticket it's the same price?

Me: No Ma'am, I want the child's ticket and I don't like you stereotyping me as one who is chronologically advanced.

Ticket Lady: I'm truly sorry but we simply can't do that.

Me:  Now you have offended me with your bigotry and you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

you wouldn't be the first. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3356084/I-ve-gone-child-Husband-father-seven-52-leaves-wife-kids-live-transgender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html

Found among the 527 Scouting Commandments: ...

:mad:

Mea culpa, I'll go staple this over Exodus 20 right now ...

Plus, I'll have copies taped to every married couple's tent who is kind enough to chaperon my crew.

And here I thought suggesting they camp 100' yards away -- with a warning that I've been known to applaud command performances -- would have been sufficient.

I don't think it said married couples can't tent together. It said don't get frisky on a scouting event

And that naturally leads to: they can sit next to each other at meal time, but they can't eat.

And they can sit next to each other at campfire, but can't hold hands.

And just exactly what does "getting frisky on a scouting event mean"?

And % of people truly gay or transgender is no where near what people pretend it to be. To watch TV you'd think it 30% of the population or more.

When polled, the American people estimate the number of LGBT people at about 25%.  The reality is it's about 4%.

Notice I did not say "only" 4% - because such a statistic can be used (and is often used - not necessarily by anyone in here) to marginalize minorities because after all, it's only 4% but when translated based on population numbers (currently estimated at 326 million by the UN), it also reflects that there are slightly more than 13 Million people who self-identify as LGBT in this country and I can only hope that none of us think that 13 Million is an insignificant number. 

As for why folks watching television would think there LGBT folks would represent about 30% of the population, that's a puzzle since, in 2016, only 4.8% of regular characters on TV shows are identified as LGBT (which is likely to be pretty close to the actual percentage of LGBT people in the US since it is likely that a significant number of people still won't identify as LGBT to anonymous pollsters according to Gallup's analysis of their polling data).

• Upvote 1

Well, you hear the left complaining about the 1%. Why do they want to marginalize the 1% but it's a horrid idea to marginalize just 3% more of another group? The irony in the left's arguments are too funny sometimes.

Do this some time, keep a notebook by your TV table. Every time a show mentions something along the LGBT spectrum just make a hash mark. You will find many shows -- in fact, some cable networks -- work in LGBT issues in a huge percentage of their shows. My kids had to do this for a church class a few years back. Some networks scored over 30% of their programming mentioning such issues or themes. Some even more.

It is no surprise that impressionable kids think they're something they're not. I thought I was Billy Idol. Turns out I wasn't. Thank God I didn't buy those leather pants. :p

And that naturally leads to: they can sit next to each other at meal time, but they can't eat.

And they can sit next to each other at campfire, but can't hold hands.

And just exactly what does "getting frisky on a scouting event mean"?

If you haven't figured that out by now I don't see how I can help you Edited by EagleonFire

Well, you hear the left complaining about the 1%. Why do they want to marginalize the 1% but it's a horrid idea to marginalize just 3% more of another group? The irony in the left's arguments are too funny sometimes.

If you are talking about the 1% I think you're talking about, i.e. the richest 1% in the country, I don't think anyone needs to worry about them being marginalized.  They do just fine.  References to the "1%" are generally motivated by a desire that they leave something for the other 99% of us.

And yes, it is a "horrid" idea to marginalize "3% more of another group", when that group is vulnerable to being marginalized.  The difference is between a group that has political power and one that doesn't.  

Found among the 527 Scouting Commandments:

"BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA SCOUTER CODE OF CONDUCT

On my honor I promise to do my best to comply with this Boy Scouts of America Scouter Code of Conduct while serving in my capacity as an adult leader:

. . .

6. I will not discuss or engage in any form of sexual conduct while engaged in Scouting activities. I will refer Scouts with questions regarding these topics to talk to their parents or spiritual advisor."

I am still dreading the day I have to figure out tenting arrangements for an openly gay or "transgendered" boy.

Wow.  Hate me all you want, but I'm not ok with this.  If I had to guess the "Scouts" of America will be co-ed by the end of the decade.

Yes, this makes unit adults agreeing partners with the parents. I would certainly bow out of that unit.

Barry

If you are talking about the 1% I think you're talking about, i.e. the richest 1% in the country, I don't think anyone needs to worry about them being marginalized.  They do just fine.  References to the "1%" are generally motivated by a desire that they leave something for the other 99% of us.

And yes, it is a "horrid" idea to marginalize "3% more of another group", when that group is vulnerable to being marginalized.  The difference is between a group that has political power and one that doesn't.  

Situational ethics. 

If you are okay with marginalizing 1% -- whoever they are -- but not okay with marginalizing 4%, you are using your own beliefs to justify your actions. If you truly believe marginalizing ANYONE is wrong, then you would fight it -- no matter who it affects.