Putting together a 15 minute presentation by this Tuesday Jan 31, 2017 for the second part of Trainer's EDGE/ Train the Trainer called the 'Deaf Scouter Experience'.  

Need your help please on lip reading scenarios you encountered with presenters, trainers, scouters or scouts.  My goal is to be informative but with a bit of humor in picture graphics. Need creative labeling the type of scenarios too. 

A couple of examples:
Motion sickness - the walking back and forth presenter
Star is Lit - the in front of the sunshine window presenter

What can you think of??

No experience teaching lip readers, but I'll take a guess:

Board room - presenter talks facing the presentation (e.g. chalk board, fire lay) behind, instead of the audience before him/her.

Shoe shine - talks with head down, or at a poor angle for audience to see his/her mouth.

Note Reader - reads from notes, but uses eye contact over the top of the papers, but keeps mouth covered.  Otherwise, always turn around and read from the PowerPoint with back of head to the audience.

Not quite sure I understand but if the idea is to get people with no hearing problems to understand then how about working it from their point of view. Give a presentation as a mime. Use slides so the audience has to read what you want to say. All you have to do is point where they have to read. Start off with slides that explain what you're doing. Go on to slides that tell a story. The first few slides are fine, everyone can read them. Just about the time the suspense thickens modify the slide so parts of the story is blocked. Just place a block over the text so  the audience can only read some of the words. Put the block in different parts of the screen on different pages. Slowly make the block bigger. Better yet, the block could be pictures of things people do that make it hard to lip read.

stand in front of the presentation so that the audience can read some of the slide but not all of it....

for example a graph, where the presenter is standing to the side but in front of the Y axis legend..... so the audience has no idea what it is showing and the presenter is talking about it but never mentions what exactly that y axis represents.....

No experience teaching lip readers, but I'll take a guess:

Board room - presenter talks facing the presentation (e.g. chalk board, fire lay) behind, instead of the audience before him/her.

Shoe shine - talks with head down, or at a poor angle for audience to see his/her mouth.

Good guess Qwazse as now I'll use the 'Shoe Shine'.  Got the action but not the 'humor'.  Board room is gonna be 'Lips in the Back of the Head' --or-- 'Back of Head Lips' unless someone brings another to my attention.

Note Reader - reads from notes, but uses eye contact over the top of the papers, but keeps mouth covered.  Otherwise, always turn around and read from the PowerPoint with back of head to the audience.

Didn't think about the paper covering mouth.  I had several for the 'Lip News Coverage' - facial hair like the over growth bread and overhanging mustache, hands in face when sitting down, and Italian speaker with waving hands.  Thanks Stosh!

Not quite sure I understand but if the idea is to get people with no hearing problems to understand then how about working it from their point of view. Give a presentation as a mime. Use slides so the audience has to read what you want to say. All you have to do is point where they have to read. Start off with slides that explain what you're doing. Go on to slides that tell a story. The first few slides are fine, everyone can read them. Just about the time the suspense thickens modify the slide so parts of the story is blocked. Just place a block over the text so  the audience can only read some of the words. Put the block in different parts of the screen on different pages. Slowly make the block bigger. Better yet, the block could be pictures of things people do that make it hard to lip read.

That is a clever idea to illustrate a point Matt R.  I'll use this in an hour presentation. This idea can be like a 2 part within the presentation:  the educating and then the background storytelling.  I would reverse the action of the blocking as I go through the presentation.

stand in front of the presentation so that the audience can read some of the slide but not all of it....

for example a graph, where the presenter is standing to the side but in front of the Y axis legend..... so the audience has no idea what it is showing and the presenter is talking about it but never mentions what exactly that y axis represents.....

Troop Treasurer - Got this one but like your example of graph point where an important detail gets block that is critical.

One I realize I am guilty of often. . .Standing in the back of the room looking at the back of the participants head.  Usually done as a part of my roaming around the room.  I hate standing still to give a presentation.

I'm not deaf nor a lip reader, but I do have a hearing loss and tinitus

I do have difficulty hearing presenters sometimes so I probably do lip read a bit, even though I'm not aware.  

Anyway, my point is that this topic really applies to a lot of people, not just the deaf.

I think this might be the reason why my speech professor in college would instruct everyone never to turn their back on the audience.  I thin the theater department might have had the same kind of rules too.