• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@@RichardB, this thread exists because a number of councils are telling their volunteers about a policy change and linking to a memo that is online that YOU apparently wrote.  You did write it, didn't

Our council has a Tour Plan Coordinator.   He name is Helen Weight.    That is who we tell folks to go to.

This sort of reminds me of a bit from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:     The sad part here is that the real-life communications abilities of BSA and its councils are reminding me of a work

Was at a council venturing meeting last night, and 2 out of 6 had not got the memo. One still was under the misconception that a plan was necessary for unit accident insurance to work.

As one would expect, it seemed that the folks who are managing active units or program were on top of this.

It's off the my.scouting.org page.  I just want to know if the one I sent in last Friday was the last one ever, haha!

Send me a message with the particulars.    If you want to know if you are the "one".   

• Upvote 1

and pulling up the rear...North Florida council as of just a couple minutes ago notified us in a "newsletter" email....

Tour and Activity Plan Terminated

The BSA’s Tour and Activity Plan is terminated effective April 1, 2017. There is no required new process, policy or procedure. Units will no longer need to file any trip forms of any kind.

Scouters are reminded to conduct the Scouting program consistent with BSA rules, regulations and policies. 

Activity Planning and program execution has not changed – parent permission to take youth on a trip is still required, program requirements for annual Health and Medical records for all participants, Cub Scout camping is still limited to council-approved locations, etc.

BSA has several planning tools such as Guide to Safe Scouting, Sweet 16 of BSA Safety, Commitment to Safety, etc. A flexible risk assessment strategy has also been adopted for your use which is summarized in the Guide to Safe Scouting or the Enterprise Risk Management Guidebook. 

I am still smh at the fact when it was asked whether the original memo was legit, someone in the position of knowing did not simply say "yes".

Direct answers such as "Yes" and "No" are not allowed in any literature of the BSA.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hah. :)   This just came up again in the Eagle Project Workbook, page 13

Logistics                            Check with your council service center to determine if a Tour and Activity Plan is required.

How will you handle transportation of materials, supplies, tools, and helpers? Will you need a Tour and Activity Plan?

• Upvote 1

FAQ's....http://www.scouting.org/Home/HealthandSafety/TourPlanFAQ.aspx

Q. Has all literature been updated to reflect this change? 
A. Key documents are either updated or in the process of being updated. Other literature will be updated in the normal revision cycle so it may take several years to complete. If you find something to be updated feel free to let us know with the “Got Questions†link to the left.

Advancement materials are in the process of update....