Been Lurking For A While

Hello fellow Scouters,

I've been lurking around the forums for the past few months and decided to sign up this morning.  I've been a Webelos Den Leader for the past two and a half years and have recently been called as a Varsity Coach (can you tell I'm from an LDS unit?).   I'm looking forward to learning a ton from the forum, I've already found it a very interesting read. 

Y.I.S.,

Matt

Welcome!  Hope what you are seeking here is something you can use to help your boys.  95% of the stuff here, even if it appears to be contradictory is useful.  Not all units operate the same and what works for one might not work for another.  Seeing both sides of all these issues should be beneficial to your specific situation.  Don't lurk, jump in, the water's fine.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum, Matt!  Hopefully you will find some people here who can share their experiences with Varsity Scouting, though as I am sure you know, Varsity Teams are few and far between outside of LDS units.  I have never seen a Varsity Team myself, though I have seen some troops that use the "blaze" shoulder loops for purposes for which they were not intended, such as to identify members of a Venture Patrol in a troop.

"Out of the shadows and into the light".    Come on in and sit aspell. Sometimes this virtual campfire (flame is bad for electronics) gets alittle warm, but have no fear, the Scout Promise and Law apply here to all things.  Don't they, fellas?

• 2 months later...