For those who missed it.

In what has been hailed as ‘a miracle’, one Waterford teenager has reportedly survived in his home with no connection to the internet for almost 6 whole hours.

Answering to the name ‘David Gowan’, the 16-year-old was found in a distressed state yesterday evening, walking through a Dungarvan neighborhood holding his Samsung Galaxy above his head looking for a signal and muttering incoherently.

The emergency services were notified and David was brought to a nearby Starbucks and hooked up to their Wi-Fi immediately. It remains unclear as to how the teen was left without internet for such a long period of time, and a search has begun to find David’s parents, with fears that they may have other kids without even a single bar of coverage.

“David survived without access to any social media or video sharing sites for the better part of an afternoon,†said an amazed member of Waterford’s child protection services.

“No GIFs, no memes, no Facebook. It’s incredible to see him in such good condition, considering what he went through. There’s grown adults who can’t go without internet for that long, let alone teenagers. God love him like, he didn’t even see the new Star Wars trailer yetâ€.

One of our former scouts and his wife are taking a 6 week "fast" from social medial.

In the process he has purged his "friends" list down to something over 100.

Evidently I made the first cut.

"INTRODUCING THE LATEST IN INFORMATION TRANSFER!"

Portable, easily readable in low light, needs no outside power source. 

Permanent file creation without fear of inadvertent erasure. 

Sharable with friends thru 'pass thru' and 'pass to' .

Can be used by neophyte and advanced skilled people. 

Rugged, altho not waterproof or fireproof unless specially equipped.

Files can be corrected and edited with handheld tools.

Files and essays can be multiply copied and sent to friends thru government guaranteed service.

Presenting.....   the BOOK!

• Upvote 1

Good one, SSScout, and it sort of reminds me of a TV commercial I have been seeing for the past few weeks.  It's a device and service that is advertised as an alternative to costly cable or dish tv bills, and it is... but if you pay close attention to the description, it's really just the broadcast tv channels in HD.  So after all this time, we've come full circle where the Latest Greatest Thing is the same channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 that were my only choices into adulthood (because my parents never got cable, and my mother still doesn't have it.  In fact what she has now is a free, and probably-not-HD, version of what I saw advertised, with the same 7 channels she had 60 years ago.  Some sort of digital converter or something.  My parents only gave up their rotary phone when it stopped working.  Yet she does have a cell phone and an email account, mostly so she can get pictures of her grandchildren/great-grandchildren.)

• 2 weeks later...