Anyone doing this?  Haven't heard anything about them in a while.  I don't think there is much of an audience on the NE.

I was checking out their site and noticed that you don't need to sew on rank patches - they will hang from the temporary badge button under the pocket.  I think that's a great idea!

I'm not.  Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I would not meet their leadership criteria because I am not of the "right" religion.

I have heard very little about them since the original flurry of publicity.  Their web site does not seem to have any membership figures, or none that I could find in a quick look around.

I dont think I meet the criteria either but if they have any good program ideas I can poach I'll take them.

I just looked at their web site and I think it is safe to say that the program is similar to the BSA's, plus their particular religious focus.

Our town used to have a unit.  I tried to contact them, they never made a response and now it has been taken off their membership/unit map.  The unit was "chartered" by the mega-church in town, but that didn't seem to be sufficient to make it go.  Nearest unit from us is 100+ miles away.

Like NJ, I never heard a peep out of Trail Life after the initial hubbub.  I don't think they won over many folks with their approach to the split, but that is strictly my opinion.  (Not to get to political  :))

Speaking generally here, I think the best thing is to just continue with Boy Scouts of America and find the Troop/Pack/Crew that is right for you and your family.  

And on an unrelated note, I'm back to the Forum after a relatively brief Grad School Hiatus!  I look forward to getting reacquainted.  

LeCastor

Welcome back LeCastor!

As for Trail Life, if that map on their web site is current, they seem to have three (3) units in the State of New Jersey.  I did not know there was such a map until Stosh mentioned it and I went looking for it.  It does give kind of an indication of what their membership is, even though membership figures within each unit are not provided.  As might be expected, their greatest concentration seems to be in the South and Midwest.

... And on an unrelated note, I'm back to the Forum after a relatively brief Grad School Hiatus!  I look forward to getting reacquainted.  ...

So is it doc LeCastor, now? :rolleyes:  Welcome back!

Welcome back.

I know someone that's son that is in Trail Life and they have dropped off in activity.  I think it was a quick rise and fall.  The group that looks interesting to me is the Baden-Powel Association.  They are extremely inclusive and seem to have been around for a while.

... The group that looks interesting to me is the Baden-Powel Association.  They are extremely inclusive and seem to have been around for a while.

BPSA seems to have peaked as well. I gathered from their website there was a leadership transition. I certainly hope they gain a little momentum.