Trans Scouting (Use other thread for new policy)

...100 years ago when the boy scouts were founded, no one would have thought that the definition of boy was in doubt.  Everyone knew what a boy was and that was that.

For most people in our program, I think we fairly clearly mean genetically a boy (X&Y chromosome, I deliberately do not use biologically, for reasons I'll get to later).

The Society around us, for better or worse, worked to change the definition of boy.  The society definition of a boy has become more hazy as both social activists and medical practitioners have expanded that definition to those that identify as a boy.

Separate definitions to those, but usually less relevant to youth ages are those who may be legally male or present (i.e. post-surgery) as male (regardless of birth genetics).

"Male" is a biological concept. There is no "male" or "female" that is not biologically grounded because it is a biological concept. I understand what you are trying to say, but whether one is male or female is determined at conception. There are statistically extremely rare cases involving genetic abnormality in which an individual may be both male and female or neither. To the extent the meaning of "legally male" diverges from "male", it is an invalid concept.

Even in the case at hand. They don't call the child a "boy", they call the child a "trans boy". Because everyone knows the truth even if they are living their lives in denial of it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm. So I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, and I say that it is not a hoax.    So we can establish that we are both intelligent and we can both piss, but I imagine that such a contest is not th

I am saying that the BSA should not take sides at all. I get the feeling you are taking my opinion as action for everyone. I'm am specifically talking about the BSA.     I can agree with this - it

I gotta say I think @@Beavah hit the mark in his comment about tomboys.   What in the blazes does an 8 year old know about being a trans-gender???  Really!!!???!!! She's a tomboy, nothing wrong wit