We had our last night of the year last night with the now traditional Scout Oscars. Basically we show off all the photos we took during the year and also present various prizes.

So these are the highlights of what we got up to. Time for me to put my feet up for a couple of weeks now before we head off to camp on 6 Jan. We like to get started early!

• Upvote 1

I was hoping to wrap ours up this weekend. But mid-terms and a forecast of warming temps with freezing rain all day gutted the backpacking trip. :(

But, there is enthusiasm to get back in the swing of things ... hopefully they show up with $ on Monday for our Jan 6th winter getaway. This video might help "throw down the gauntlet."

great!  

I think I'll make a point to show that video to my son.  I can imagine him saying..."I want to do that", or "why do we never do that stuff?"

I should add we are very lucky with the gliding. The neighbouring county to us (I guess what you would call a Council) own a glider but don't have an airfield in their area to keep it, so it is kept and operated at an airfield just outside Cambridge. Very convenient resource to have so close by! Most scouts aren't that lucky.