weird patrol names

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Scouts love the red berets, we use them for the color guard. 

HEY!  What's weird about Narwhals?  Just because they're marine mammals?  

Best so far: the Hey Chris patrol. They never came up with a patch or yell, but that wasn't the point.   At the time, it was both SPL and ASPL's first name. Thus regardless of who was presiding at r

If that was my patrol (~1985-1987) SCCC, we had a UPC barcode drawn with a sharpie on the blank batch.  Flag was also plain white with a UPC barcode drawn on.

No barcode on this patrol flag or badge. Very cool that multiple patrols came up with a similar idea drawing from their current realities. I wonder how many generic patrols there were those years. Probably quite a few.

I also recall a psychedilic firs; taken from the band of the same name. And another patrol called the bionic toads.

Well, we've had the Biohazard, and the Flaming Squirrels. Along with the Pokemon Patrol, The Regular Patrol (Regular Show inspired). Usually the NSP names morph three or four times prior to settling into one that that works or them.

Cannibal patrol.  Patrol yell was chanting forks and spoons over and over with an ending about humans being the other white meat.

Currently we have the Blue moon patrol, which is the collection of the oldest guys in high school, most are eagles already.  Not named after the beer, instead named because they are the guys that joke about all of them showing up to the troop meetings once in a blue moon.  they were going to be something about being the back up patrol cause they are the back up plan to always make things happen if any of the green bars don't show to a meeting or outing.

not always so politically correct, the border patrol.

pink kitty patrol

bronies patrol

If that was my patrol (~1985-1987) SCCC, we had a UPC barcode drawn with a sharpie on the blank batch.  Flag was also plain white with a UPC barcode drawn on.

Had a "Generic patrol" in the troop two years ago.  They got creative.  Their patrol flag was a white flag with the words "Insert Design here" in the center.  Their motto was "Insert motto here" and they used a blank patrol patch 

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The most creative patrol name I have encountered was not so much a patrol name as the patrol yell it engendered. We had a Ninja patrol, whose patrol yell was to stand around mutely because, you know, a Ninja is silent.

The most creative patrol name I have encountered was not so much a patrol name as the patrol yell it engendered. We had a Ninja patrol, whose patrol yell was to stand around mutely because, you know, a Ninja is silent.

Ah, but could you ever see them?