Scouting ties in the Trump Administration

On 3/14/2018 at 7:54 PM, RememberSchiff said:

I am sensing an Eagle Scout drain in the Trump Administration.

Sect. of Health and Human Services Tom Price (Eagle Scout) resigned and replaced by Alex Azar who I understand was not a scout.

Sect. of State Rex Tillerson (Eagle Scout) fired. Designated replacement Mike Pompeo,  again as I understand was not a scout.

Next Eagle Scout to go? :eek:

That leaves Ryan Zinke (Interior), AG Jeff Sessions and Rick Perry (Energy, possibly moving to the VA).  Zinke has had his own travel controversy, so he might be next.  Sessions will probably be gone after the Mueller probe concludes.  So far, Perry seems to have stayed relatively under the radar.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump followed up on the military school with five draft deferments and, later, berating John McCain for being captured in Vietnam.

I don't understand why you think it is ironic.

Maybe the Eagle Scouts in Trump's administration should take him camping. Get the President out in the woods, away from the TV and Twitter.  Have a nice campfire with lots of coffee and dutch oven m

Maybe the Eagle Scouts in Trump's administration should take him camping. Get the President out in the woods, away from the TV and Twitter. 
Have a nice campfire with lots of coffee and dutch oven munchies.  Around a campfire you can give each other crap and laugh about it.  You can also have some really deep conversations that may transform you into being person with empathy and humility.

And, if the President causes too much trouble out in the woods, they could always take him on a nice snipe hunt. 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, WAKWIB said:

Maybe the Eagle Scouts in Trump's administration should take him camping. Get the President out in the woods, away from the TV and Twitter. 
Have a nice campfire with lots of coffee and dutch oven munchies.  Around a campfire you can give each other crap and laugh about it.  You can also have some really deep conversations that may transform you into being person with empathy and humility.

And, if the President causes too much trouble out in the woods, they could always take him on a nice snipe hunt. 

There's an idea.  Maybe he could go camping for the next 1,040 days, and leave things to his second-in-command.

No, wait...

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

There's an idea.  Maybe he could go camping for the next 1,040 days, and leave things to his second-in-command.

No, wait...

Buddy system. Take a buddy like Mike for safety, leave the Speaker of House Paul Ryan in charge.

Edited by RememberSchiff
On 3/13/2018 at 11:17 AM, hiker67 said:

Rex Tillerson was fired before dawn this morning:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/politics/trump-tillerson-pompeo.html

"Foreign diplomats — starting with the British and the French — said Mr. Tillerson neither returned phone calls nor, with much advance warning, set up meetings with his counterparts. Strategic dialogues with many nations, including nuclear weapons powers like Pakistan, were ended without explanation."

John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-kelly-rex-tillerson-was-on-the-toilet-when-i-told-him-hed-be-getting-fired/

23 hours ago, hiker67 said:

That leaves Ryan Zinke (Interior), AG Jeff Sessions and Rick Perry (Energy, possibly moving to the VA).  Zinke has had his own travel controversy, so he might be next.  Sessions will probably be gone after the Mueller probe concludes.  So far, Perry seems to have stayed relatively under the radar.

Speaking of Sessions, he just fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, two days before he qualified for his pension:

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/16/571671917/justice-department-fires-embattled-fbi-deputy-director-just-short-of-retirement

It was the FBI's own internal affairs division, the "Office of Professional Responsibility" which investigated McCabe and recommended he be terminated, same as any other agent accused of the same crimes.  A 27-year veteran agent was interviewed on TV and he stated that "Lack of candor" is the one thing that can result in a sure termination of employment and that is drilled into every agent from their first day at the FBI Academy.  Whatever you do, don't lie...always tell the truth and take your lumps and you will probably keep your job.  If you are found guilty of "lack of candor", then every case you've ever been involved in or testimony in court you made under oath, then comes into question and convictions can be overturned.  The fact that he was days away from a pension is irrelevant.  It was not Trump's fault...it was not Session's fault...it was FBI policy.  BTW, these were the same charges that lost Flynn his job and landed Martha Stewart in prison.  

• Thanks 1
On 3/16/2018 at 9:31 PM, hiker67 said:

Speaking of Sessions, he just fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, two days before he qualified for his pension:

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/16/571671917/justice-department-fires-embattled-fbi-deputy-director-just-short-of-retirement

Well, two days before he qualified for special circumstances to allow him to retire at 50 (instead of between 57 and 62).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/03/17/no-andrew-mccabe-isnt-losing-his-pension/#656e31d9236d

6 minutes ago, David CO said:

I can think of several possible answers to that question, but I think he is referring to the other side of the political spectrum.

If we are talking about McCabe and Flynn, I don't see how they are on "the other side of the political spectrum" from each other.

They are both Republicans.  (I realize that may mean less now than it did until about two years ago.)

One (somewhat ironically) led cheers of "Lock Her Up" at the Republican National Convention.  The other was (purportedly) fired from his job for allegedly making an unauthorized disclosure to the media of information UNFAVORABLE TO "HER" (i.e. Hillary Clinton) during the presidential campaign, and then allegedly being "less than candid" when asked about it.  I don't think that is really why he was fired, but it seems clear that those things happened.  The investigative report (well, apparently, we haven't seen it yet) basically says he was overzealous in going after Hillary Clinton, and then lied about it.

And, one is "cooperating" with Robert Mueller, and the other one seems to be about to cooperate.

So I'm having difficulty seeing an "other side" here.