Scouting ties in the Trump Administration

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump followed up on the military school with five draft deferments and, later, berating John McCain for being captured in Vietnam.

I don't understand why you think it is ironic.

Maybe the Eagle Scouts in Trump's administration should take him camping. Get the President out in the woods, away from the TV and Twitter.  Have a nice campfire with lots of coffee and dutch oven m

4 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

Will our scouts become more cynical of government service with the firing of Mr. Tillerson? I hope Mr. Tillerson speaks to American youth this week about government service, particularly under adverse circumstances.  Maybe he will come back to the BSA?

If Tillerson speaks to American youth, the youth should take him to task for not being courteous by not returning phone calls, etc.

#4 at state was also fired today.  

Was it phone calls, Tillerson backing the British over Russia or North Korea?  Who knows, but I’ll go with blaming the British.  They got us Tillerson fired AND girls in Cub Scouts.  What’s next?? 😀

Historians will be busy for decades to come.  

8 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

#4 at state was also fired today.  

Was it phone calls, Tillerson backing the British over Russia or North Korea?  Who knows, but I’ll go with blaming the British.  They got us Tillerson fired AND girls in Cub Scouts.  What’s next?? 😀

Tea?

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

I don't know.  Most troops I know don't have nuclear weapons, not even tiny little ones.  :)

Speak for yourself...We have some varying designs stashed in the shed.  We only threaten to use them if the District gets uppity.  It is sort of a rite of passage for Scouts taking the Nuclear Science MB.

Nuclear_Science.jpg

Also we have them watch the the 1986 Classic "Manhattan Project"

Image result for manhattan project movie

20 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

I don't know.  Most troops I know don't have nuclear weapons, not even tiny little ones.  :)

The teeny ones are called 'forgotten scout socks from summer camp'. A good month for fermentation in a plastic bag and they are a bona fide WMD. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Tampa Turtle said:

The teeny ones are called 'forgotten scout socks from summer camp'. A good month for fermentation in a plastic bag and they are a bona fide WMD. 

I can give you something worse.... at the end of summer camp a couple of years ago one patrol, for reasons no one could fathom, put the used, damp and dirty scouring pads and cloths back in their patrol box. Left their to fester till they were next used a couple of months later.

Wow. What a smell.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

Speak for yourself...We have some varying designs stashed in the shed.  We only threaten to use them if the District gets uppity.  It is sort of a rite of passage for Scouts taking the Nuclear Science MB.

"Why worry?  Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

4 hours ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Those are more in the category of chemical weapons.

• Upvote 1

One patrol in T83 burned its chicken stew the last night of summer camp.  KP?  Deferred!   The pot was next opened in preparation for the August campout.  Interesting blue-green color.  REALLY interesting smell.  :o

5 hours ago, Tampa Turtle said:

Forgotten socks? How about forgotten feet? That was the worst scout smell in my car, ever. I told that scout to put the socks and shoes back on or he was walking home. It was a combination of rotting carcass, latrine, and teenager, after 45 miles.

I am sensing an Eagle Scout drain in the Trump Administration.

Sect. of Health and Human Services Tom Price (Eagle Scout) resigned and replaced by Alex Azar who I understand was not a scout.

Sect. of State Rex Tillerson (Eagle Scout) fired. Designated replacement Mike Pompeo,  again as I understand was not a scout.

Next Eagle Scout to go? :eek:

Price should have known better than to ring up a private Lear jet every time he wanted to go somewhere.  Tillerson had been a CEO too long and had apparently forgotten the most basic tenet of leadership...first be a good follower.

• Upvote 2