How big is your committee/troop?

106 Scouts

1 SM

4 ASM.

6 Patrol Advisers, who are critical. We usually have two patrols from crossovers and these adults, who are usually trained in IOLS and always in YPT, ensure there are opportunities for advancement. For example, if a couple of patrols need the swim requirements for 1st and 2nd class, these advisers will set it up, ensure the lifeguards, Safe Swim, chaperone, etc. 

5 Committee people, plus COR. They are CC, Activities Chair, Advancement Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.

However, eight or so usually show up to Committee meetings. We open them up to parents. Meetings are an hour-long max. 

For  BORs, however, we have to look beyond Committee folks because of the sheer number of Scouts, so we do a core training for adults on BORs in the fall. That usually gives me a good group of about 8 to choose from for BORs.

We believe in spreading the joy when it comes to responsibilities. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don't understand the point of having so many adults as committee members.  The ratio of ASMs to youth is one thing, but 13 committee members???   Enough adults to spread out the work and get

Our CCs understood our program very well, which is why they were selected.   And typically committees were about 50/50 male female.   The thing I learned about moms in general is that you can sell