Is this an issue with Chrome or the site?  trying to upload a avatar and it just spins and spins. 

This seems to be indicative of most of the threads on this forum as well.  Maybe the admins could check into that as well.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, 

Just tried again to upload a photo with no luck.  I assume there is still no word on resolution from the provider.  Just wanted to check in.  thanks. 

Interesting. Have you tried using a different theme and seeing if you have the same problem? Sometimes themes have different code bases, as evidence by the theme that was/is causing a log on prompt.

Interesting. Have you tried using a different theme and seeing if you have the same problem? Sometimes themes have different code bases, as evidence by the theme that was/is causing a log on prompt.

Flagg, your new avatar is not visible in posts. It is coming up as a "photo" button. Clicking on it takes me to your profile, where I can actually see the image. Changing themes hasn't helped.

Flagg, your new avatar is not visible in posts. It is coming up as a "photo" button. Clicking on it takes me to your profile, where I can actually see the image. Changing themes hasn't helped.

Odd, because I have flushed cache and reloaded and it comes up for me.

Col. Flag avatar sacrifice has not gone unnoticed. :)

Col. Flag changed his avatar this afternoon and at least for me, it does not display. I suspect it is because the forum software has not processed it into a thumbnail (avatar) - a .png file 100x100 pixels.

Click on his new empty avatar and you see a 404 file not found error, note file name.

http://scouter.com/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-44655.jpg?_r=1478803639

Now if Col. Flag or a moderator looks at his Profile photo. It is on the server but the filename is different there is no "thumb" in the name. It is his original upload a jpg file 210 x 158 pixels.

http://scouter.com/uploads/profile/photo-44655.jpg?_r=1478803639

photo-44655.jpg?_r=1478803639

Note the above image will change if he changes profile photos. I notice one photo actor inside with a field cap, another actor outside with a helmet.

P.S. I attempted to attach the latter image file (actor outside with a helmet) to this post without success. I tried (under Full Editor/Attach Files both the basic uploader and the advanced uploader with both a jpg and png (100x100pixel) versions. The advanced uploader returned "Upload Skipped Error500" which is a generic error.

IMO, a server side problem.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1