parent guide and cyber chip

So does anyone know if the parent guide requirement has to be done each year? And does the cyberchip award get recharged more than once?  My son did cyberchip last year in his tiger year and just did the recharge video.  Will he have to watch the same video next year to recharge it again? Or is there something different for his second recharge?

Thanks

Dan

Great questions. 

Yes, the following is a requirement that must not be completed each year for each rank:

With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.*

The only exception is if they completed Bobcat, they don't need to do it twice the same year to also complete their rank, completing it for Bobcat their first year also counts toward their first rank, whatever that might be.

As for the Cyberchip, currently the 'recharge' activity is the same for Grades 1-3, which means that a boy would need to do it twice (Wolf, Bear) if they earned their Cyberchip as a Tiger.  For Grades 4-5 (Webelos), there is a different level of Cyberchip they must earn, but again the recharge is the same as it was for 1-3, so in total the number of times a boy would do the recharge is three times.

I get the impression they planned to change the recharge activity, but so far I don't think they have.

Edited by meyerc13