Jambowlree - World Ten Pin Bowling Competition

Hi all, hope this doesn't transgress some advertising rule I'm not aware of...

I'm running Jambowlree again this year, and it would be great to get some more teams involved.

Jambowlree is the (unofficial) World Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition, Dec '16 - May '17. Entries will be open in November. It's open to all sections from any country.

Last year we had entries from Australia, Canada, USA, Ireland, Slovenia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Cyprus, Qatar, South Africa, and New Zealand. So you'll definitely be taking part in an international competition!

Premise is simple...

Go bowling
Enter your scores
Wait
See if you've won

Ok, it's a tiny bit more complicated than that, like there's a small entry fee, but not much.

And there's a blanket badge. Of course.

Ian

Ten Pins.  

We have a local lane(s) that charges $8 a game.   Neon lights, rock music,  day-glo balls,  computerized scoring (won't let you make a mistake, counts the spares and strikes).  no more grease pencil on plastic score sheets with an overhead projector.   Push button gutter bumpers to make sure the kids get a ball down the alley.  Silicon oil on the alley (when did they start that?)  lets the ball slide without "English".   

I miss Duck pins.     Any one up north miss Candle stick pins?  

Your Jambowlree will be in our next eNews.....

• Upvote 1

Ian,

When are you going to open registration?  And what are you charging? 

Thanks!

Probably around early/mid November. Cost is $8 for as many teams as you like, and the optional badges are $2 each, with $6 for postage (for how ever many you order).

That's US dollars by the way, rather than Australian or Canadian. :)

Edited by ianwilkins
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian.

Thanks for the notice that the site is open for registration.  I had a quick question - do we enter scores every week?  I have some guys that bowl every week and I thought the competition was for a league type set up.  After looking at the website it appears like it might not be for multiple weeks.

Thanks!

Hi F-P,

It's not really a league, the intention is to go once as a troop/pack/unit/whatever and record the scores on that night rather than over a series of nights. Our thinking being that most trips bowling with scouts are a one off treat, not many around the world that go regularly.

I shall expect your boys to be near the top of that results table.

Ian