Patrols 300ft, Marijuana 500ft?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can think of a lot of ways to describe a Council Service Center, but school or Church are not among them.

An enterprising troop could sell the heck out of some popcorn....

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/09/boy_scouts_troop_leaders_prote.html   A proposed medical marijuana facility would host an 8,467-square-foot medical marijuana grow operation. Th

Nah, they are Libertarian.  Some just haven't realized it yet. :cool:

Interestingly, of the two major-party and two major-minor party candidates for president, I suspect all four would continue the current administration's policy on this subject.  The Republican candidate has said in the past that all drugs should be legalized.

This might make it difficult for our scouts to do the shopping at a local grocery store.  I guess maybe the local CVS would work, but the price and healthfulness of the menu might suffer. :)

Difficult to sell popcorn as well for those troops out there that set up outside local grocery stores like we do.

Our CVS sells alcohol, so that wouldn't be an option either!

All grocery stores in our neck of the woods sell alcohol and cigarettes as do all convenience stores.  That pretty much negates any popcorn show and sell at any of these places.

The only time I have personally been involved in an actual break-in of a scout shop was back in the early 1970's when robbers broke in one of the less secure back doors of the scout office so they could knock a hole in the shop wall to access the drug store next door. (Handy way to avoid setting off door and window alarms...  Scout office didn't have alarms on their doors/windows.....)  Except for a broken back door and cosmetic replacement of the wall, the scouts didn't have a single thing stolen.  Can't say for certain how many drugs the drug store lost.  It was a bunch.

The only time I have personally been involved in an actual break-in of a scout shop was back in the early 1970's when robbers broke in one of the less secure back doors of the scout office so they could knock a hole in the shop wall to access the drug store next door. (Handy way to avoid setting off door and window alarms... 

Hmmm, sounds like an insider job. :laugh:

I'd fight this and I'm glad they are too.

The obtaining of prescriptions for marijuana is a known joke. They have a long way to go before this cannabis is taken seriously for medical purposes. Far too many of the proponents of medical legalization want it legal across the board for recreational use. It's hardly endorsed by psychotherapists. Bottom line, while popular opinion has been moved on the subject, I'm all for keeping it away from Scouts. They can find another location.

Below is from Newsweek:

Other symptoms of Colorado’s pot culture include increased use among teens, resulting in educational problems in middle schools and high schools, a spike in “ediblesâ€-related emergency room visits, consumption by children and pets resulting in illness and death and regulatory confusion surrounding public consumption and enforcement.