Vol 2 is finally available in my local Scout Shop.  Picked it up last night.  Interesting information - very similar to what is put out by Woodbadge.  A very good section on setting up Unit vision & goals.  Another good one on evaluations of self/others & unit.

Has anyone else found Vol 2 yet?  What are your thoughts?

I also found Vol 3 of the new Troop Program Resources.

Yes, I ordered it, and have had it in hand maybe a couple months now.

I flipped through it, but I just can't seem to get myself to really study it.  It just looks to me like so many other BSA publications..... too many words..... i'm getting sleepy......

Yes, I ordered it, and have had it in hand maybe a couple months now.

I flipped through it, but I just can't seem to get myself to really study it.  It just looks to me like so many other BSA publications..... too many words..... i'm getting sleepy......

LOL, I used to tell the participants of my SM Specific class that if the scouts wouldn't let you sleep on camp outs, pull out the SM Handbook.

I've told this before; I use to poll SMs and ASMs at various courses to learn how much of the SM Handbook they had read. Less than 10% (a lot less) of ASMs read the whole book and less than 30% of Scoutmasters. As a result, I encouraged the participants of my courses to instead read the PL and SPL Handbooks because they could both be read inside an hour and said basically what adults needed to know for a boy run program. The rest was basically administrative and could be used as a reference at a time of need.

Still, I hope folks read the new text because there is some value there.

Barry

True confession, I never read the SMHB cover to cover. Only the PL and SPL HBs.

I did read the Venturing Leadership Manual.

Anything else, I hang on your very words. (And Scouter mag, after TAHAWK's vetting of each issue.) :)