Another Newbie in VA

Hello!  While I've been involved in Cub Scouts for a few years now, I've decided to take on a larger role in our pack.  I'm currently shadowing our Committee Chair and will be taking over for her in December when we recharter.

We moved to VA last September and one of the first things we did was search out a new Pack.  I have a Weblos 1 and a Wolf.  It's been a good transition for us and we're looking forward to another active year in scouting!

Welcome to the forum!  Committee Chair is the most important position in the Pack.  The Committee Chair is responsible for 'hiring' the Cubmaster and other leaders, and is also responsible for all of the behind the scenes tasks that a good Pack Committee should be doing.  Without a good Committee, the Committee Chair can be a very busy person, but with a well staffed and well trained Committee full of helpful parents, the Committee Chair can be a very easy position to hold.  I hope you have a good Committee, in which case this job should be a piece of cake.  If you don't, then I'd urge you to recruit your Committee first, so you can delegate tasks to them to lighten your load.

Good luck, and we'll see you in the Cub Scout forum!

Welcome to the forum!  Committee Chair is the most important position in the Pack.  The Committee Chair is responsible for 'hiring' the Cubmaster and other leaders, and is also responsible for all of the behind the scenes tasks that a good Pack Committee should be doing.  Without a good Committee, the Committee Chair can be a very busy person, but with a well staffed and well trained Committee full of helpful parents, the Committee Chair can be a very easy position to hold.  I hope you have a good Committee, in which case this job should be a piece of cake.  If you don't, then I'd urge you to recruit your Committee first, so you can delegate tasks to them to lighten your load.

Good luck, and we'll see you in the Cub Scout forum!

Thanks!  We are currently working on building our Committee.  It's certainly a process and currently a rough one, but I am trying to remain positive.