What Camporee Events You've Seen Scouts Like

Well, here are the events that the group that stepped down came up with, and the Scouts I talked to like.

Canoe Orienteering, yep an orienteering course that incorporates canoes and land

Scout Transport Pioneering

Kim's Game

Fire String Burning ( no takes on the boiling water, cooking a noodle, and tieing a square knot)

First Aid scenario using real life scenarios, and possible Webelos as victims

Tomahawk Throwing

Dutch Oven cook off

Skits

Uniform Inspection

Camp Inspection

And there is one more I cannot think of.

Regarding the cardboard boats, while I would love it, and probably the Scouts, When I mentioned the canoe orienteering to some adults, they hit me with some negative waves. Scout I talked to love it. From the negative waves I got from the adults, I think they would excrete a brick if I did cardboard boats.

ALTHOUGH looking at the Scout Transport info, there is a pioneering boat project in the book.

Regarding Canoe orienteering ... one year it felt like that Mile Swim on the lake took everyone an awful long time. So, I grabbed my compass and took bearings from shore landmarks (including controls set by Green Bar Bill when he set up a land-nav course on the reservation) to the lap buoys. Then went back to the topo map of the reservation and triangulated their position on the lake. Multiplied distance between buoys by the # of laps everyone had to swim, and told the aquatics director that he should either fashion mile-and-a-half patches or reduce the number of laps for the remaining sessions of the summer!

River/lake navigation is a really important skill. So, I have two words for your contest: Laminate maps!