At the camp my Scout troop goes to for summer camp, Thursday night the mess hall is closed. The camp provides steak, corn and potatoes to be cooked in camp.

On my way to camp I stopped and bought a $1 toilet brush. Thursday afternoon when the potatoes arrived I grabbed them and headed for the bath house  where there is a laundry tub and running water. Some of my Scouts had a cooler they were filling with water to soak the corn. You should have seen the look in their eyes when I said.

" Look at the cool potato brush someone left here at the bath house! All you have to do is push the potatoes through the hole and it cleans them real nice."

Needless to say, the joke went on for quite a while with one of the other Scout Masters saying it's no big deal. The germs would be killed when you cook the potatoes in the fire. In due time we let out the secret that the brush was brand new and never used in a toilet but all the parents heard about it as they came to pick up their kids.

Now That Was FUN!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

:)  The same camp that regales the boys with steak on Thursday evening is the same camp that has bratwurst (glorified hot dog) for their leader appreciation dinner.  It's all for the boys!  Now if that out-of-state council ever figures out how to prepare bratwurst Lambeau Field style we'd be okay.....they just boil them.  Eeewwwhh.  The potato salad is okay though.  :)