• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm about to go on my daily urban walk.  I expect I'll see oak, maple, spruce and locust trees; multiple prairie plants, maybe some cat tails; robins, starlings, gulls, geese and if I'm lucky pa

Its a proper adaptation of LNT guidelines to an urban environment - you want to blend-in with your surroundings so as not to disrupt the native's enjoyment of their habitat.

Look by definition if WE have heard of this it is already past peak.

This is obviously an electric radio spectrum scavenger hunt.  Who "hides" the pokeys?   How would one find one?  Are there clues?   Why wouldn't they "hide" them next to a Hooters, to encourage one to come in and have lunch?  Or next to an Apple store , so as to make it easy to  upgrade your Ipad? 

Pokey lil' pony?  Pokey Mon, sounds Scottish. A slow Scot.  

How would the Pokeys get hid next to the Smithsonian, or The Titanic Memorial or the Unknown Scout Memorial so as to improve the cultural education of the Seeker?   It does sound like a means to gather sellable info.   "follow the money", eh? 

• Upvote 1

"Please put your Pokémon away"  at the Holocaust Museum...   at the Arlington National Cemetery...   http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/12/485759308/holocaust-museum-arlington-national-cemetery-plead-no-pokemon

This is what bothers me about people. What is happening with my family is that they are going out, while I am at work, to different places that they may or may not have gone to and enjoying the place (i.e. Botanical Gardens). They stay there and enjoy their surroundings and catch Pokémon along the way. They are not just staring at the phone, they stop when they find something and get it and move on. This is what we can only hope happens with everyone else. I know there are people who will just stare at their phone and wander around not looking at anything else while in a place that invites you to go to. I just hope it will not always be that way.

Edited by Prepared

So, if someone bothers to bury me or raise some memorial after I pass on, I hope it will involve planting a big old tree, hanging a tire swing, a geocache (initially stashed with colored ropes and knot-guides) in front of my head-stone, and powered-up Pokestops or whatever the rage is for little ones in the future.

If of such is the kingdom of heaven, I want them swarming all over my final resting place.

All the better to increase the odds, I figure, that when The Trumpet sounds, I'll get caught up by the Only Collector who matters.

• Upvote 1

They are not just staring at the phone, they stop when they find something and get it and move on. This is what we can only hope happens with everyone else. I know there are people who will just stare at their phone and wander around not looking at anything else while in a place that invites you to go to. I just hope it will not always be that way.

I think it was ever thus. There are people who look up and out, and people who look down and in (and yes, many on the scale from one end to the other). There's people who like to observe things, people who are interested in stuff, and those that seem to let the world wash past them. No doubt Pokemon Go will be no different, some will play it, and only see the game, some will play it as and take an interest in why some things have been marked out as places of interest.

It got released in the UK yesterday. My local scout hut is a pokestop, and after a 1/2 hour game of it with my boy, I almost know what that means.

With all these people aimlessly wandering around with blood shot eyes, making no social contact with anyone in their way, how are we "normal" people going to know when the Zombie Apocalypse comes for real?

With all these people aimlessly wandering around with blood shot eyes, making no social contact with anyone in their way, how are we "normal" people going to know when the Zombie Apocalypse comes for real?

That's what scouting is isn't it? Preparation for the zombie apocalypse?