If you will indulge me...son#1 just made Eagle

Congrats to you and your son.  The road to Real Eagle is not always the easiest, but it is the most rewarding.  A little indulgence is not allowed on the forum, in this case you need full wallowing in celebration.

• Upvote 1

Outstanding news, congratulations!

What is he thinking re a ceremony?

He and long-suffering scout mom are in negotiation. He is very nervous in front of people (which is why one SM made him Chaplain's Aide for a year) and would like something where he could slink in the back of the shot. We are hoping his buddy will hurry up with his Eagle paperwork and they can do a co-ceremony. They got in a lot of trouble together...a lot of the not suitable for parents stories came out last night. My wife kept turning to me "that happened and where were you?". But nothing too bad, mostly tales of gastric distress.

I was getting pretty nervous my son is through but moves toward his goals slowly and deliberately. When his project came up short of funds he had to do a whole new proposal, etc. I was afraid he would narrowly miss his deadline. 

This morning he is feeling pretty cocky. His younger SPL Life brother is keeping his mouth shut to the taunting. And of course since I was never a scout he will lord that over me! ;) But he can have his fun.

He and long-suffering scout mom are in negotiation. He is very nervous in front of people (which is why one SM made him Chaplain's Aide for a year) and would like something where he could slink in the back of the shot. We are hoping his buddy will hurry up with his Eagle paperwork and they can do a co-ceremony. They got in a lot of trouble together...a lot of the not suitable for parents stories came out last night. My wife kept turning to me "that happened and where were you?". But nothing too bad, mostly tales of gastric distress.

I was getting pretty nervous my son is through but moves toward his goals slowly and deliberately. When his project came up short of funds he had to do a whole new proposal, etc. I was afraid he would narrowly miss his deadline. 

This morning he is feeling pretty cocky. His younger SPL Life brother is keeping his mouth shut to the taunting. And of course since I was never a scout he will lord that over me! ;) But he can have his fun.

If gastric distress/disorder can be classified as trouble making, I think most of the BSA would be "guilty as charged."  :)

Your son persevered and made the grade--I wish you all the best!

Congratulations to your son.  I am certain that he is an outstanding young man.  Also, that, despite whatever disabilities he has, he is fortunate to have supportive parents who care about him and dedicate time and effort to him.

Congratulations to your son.  I am certain that he is an outstanding young man.  Also, that, despite whatever disabilities he has, he is fortunate to have supportive parents who care about him and dedicate time and effort to him.

He has his moments.

Congratulations to your son and his parents!

Scout law most important:Reverent. Scout Law willing to drop:Loyal (his logic was loyalty to something evil is not a good thing, you may need to drop it). As he is 'on the spectrum' his answers were always pretty direct.

That's an interesting matched pair of questions there. I have sat on at least 15 EBOR's and have never heard that one asked. I'm going to have to ask my son how he would have answered that. Maybe I should also ask myself how I would answer it, and I never even made it to an EBOR.

He sounds like a very nice young man.  I wish him and you smooth trails and sunny skies. To get Irish:

"May the road rise up to meet ye, the wind be ever at yer back, the sun over yer shoulder and the rain fall gently on yer fields, and  may ye be in yer grave for an  hour afore the deevil knows yer dead."