Skipping Webelos I

Go to solution Solved by Eagle94-A1,

The boys I have who just crossed over this spring did not all earn Webelos.  They all earned AOL.  Some of the boys put in 4 years of Cubbing and got NO Tiger, Wolf or Bear.  My program offered only the AOL to those who's Cub leaders weren't doing the program.

Some of the boys put in 4 years of Cubbing and got NO Tiger, Wolf or Bear. 

I just can't comprehend how that's possible... were the den leaders just that remiss in doing their jobs? or were the boys/parents that dis-engaged in the program?  Its not like Tiger, Wolf, or Bear are THAT complicated (especially under the pre-2015 requirements - hell, you could ALMOST knock those rank requirements out over two or three weekends at home).

They pack met twice a month.  One meeting was a pack meeting/potluck the other was an activity, such as pack outing of some sort.  No DL's or den meetings.

Lack of understanding of the program?  Lack of interested leaders?   That's just an awful shame :(

That's the #1 reason I went in and offered up the boys AOL and did it on my own as a SM.  This is where I picked up 6 of my 8 new boys.  The parents were so appreciative that they filled out my committee and I picked up 2 new ASM's besides.  They fired up the fund raising efforts and got everyone to summer camp for $50 each.   It's not that the parents weren't supportive, it's just not everyone is into being trained and doing the program.