wouldn't expect anything else from most of those classic rock shock-jockies I have heard.

Those guys will twist anything into something they can make fun of..... in the tackiest way possible

No doubt.  FWIW, this particular station is pretty mild, but these are the kind of unintended consequences that happen.  These DJ's spin is what was on the air in the heart of our membership strength, 1000 miles from Denver.  

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go for it. I think the more society mixes, the more tolerant it becomes.   Back in the 80s, in the UK, I was in scouts, we had a weekend camp for our troop at a small campsite owned by the municipal

I see no issues with it.  They were decently dressed and appropriate.  This is a non-issue.

Gosh! Seems to have kicked off a bit!     I'm sorry you've chosen to take that interpretation. I'm a fellow scout, you are my brother*, rest assured I meant no offence. Having moral values, and tr

Posted Images

Some would classify homosexuality, transgenderism, drinking, smoking or cursing immoral too. I wasn't sure how detailed you all get when discussing things, so was not sure what most would classify as immoral activity. I suspect all ends of the spectrum are represented here, so I did not want to single anyone out for their beliefs.

That's right anything in moderation is ok, even the occasional "objectifying" women.  I don't drink and I don't smoke anymore!  and I don't believe either are to be done around the Boys.  These girls where NOT in their work clothes.

I don't know of many VFW posts and American Legion posts out there that don't have a bar connected to them and hold raffles on a regular basis, yet no conservative groups are out there making a big stink about them chartering BSA units. 

Then there are the beauty pageants at the fair....  How is that not just as demeaning to women as Hooters and the women don't get any money unless they win.

Well, I can't speak for the VFW but the AL has a mission similar to the BSA.  More importantly, the rules of the BSA are well defined when it comes to alcohol and gambling.  This particular event using the Hooter's girls as staff, in their corporate logo wear, would be the equivalent of having a Budweiser sponsored water station.

Edited by walk in the woods

I don't know of many VFW posts and American Legion posts out there that don't have a bar connected to them and hold raffles on a regular basis, yet no conservative groups are out there making a big stink about them chartering BSA units. 

Then there are the beauty pageants at the fair....  How is that not just as demeaning to women as Hooters and the women don't get any money unless they win.

You're absolutely right about VFW and American Legion having bars.  So do the Knights of Columbus.

The Catholic Church has recently asked all KC's to move their unit charters over to the parish youth ministries.  

You're absolutely right about VFW and American Legion having bars.  So do the Knights of Columbus.

The Catholic Church has recently asked all KC's to move their unit charters over to the parish youth ministries.  

So does our local pizza joint that charters a Cub Pack.

That's right anything in moderation is ok, even the occasional "objectifying" women.  I don't drink and I don't smoke anymore!  and I don't believe either are to be done around the Boys.  These girls where NOT in their work clothes.

I disagree, they were all wearing Hooter's logowear, so they were in work clothes, representing the establishment.  It doesn't matter if they are wearing orange hot pants or hooters visors, the brand carries the image and the image is sex.  Like I said above, it's the equivalent of a Budweiser-branded water station.  As long as it only had water it would be ok by your logic.

My point was: what is more immoral VFW/AL CHARTERING a unit or Hooters SPONSORING one activity?  Both sell alcohol.....

Again, the brand projects the image.  The BSA has an image of teaching kids to make moral and ethical decisions.  The AL/VFW have an image of Veteran still serving America.  Hooters has an image of using sex to sell wings.  One of these things is not like the others......:)

• Upvote 1

Each one of these "things" is derived from the moral background of the listener.  To some innuendos mean nothing....if you know what I mean.  For others it doesn't make any difference, if they are selling alcohol, they are selling alcohol.

It's just a matter of one's background

Never heard of such but I guess desperate times call for Desperate measures.  Our Local pizza places don't do beer.

Really, where I'm from, the two go together as a 7-course meal, a six-pack and pizza.