Cost of Class B T-shirts

We do $16-23 for two color anti-microbial synthetics. We had some boys do it on the side as a business and we got them for $14-18. We did find a local shirt shop that did all the High School and church group shirts and they were pretty competitive if you ordered during a down-time like summer. We had used Class B and it cost a little more but was very easy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did brand new wicking shirts in the fall. Custom Troop logo on front (chest) and back (3 color screens on each side). From a local guy. Cost came to $12 per shirt. I always thought that ClassB was

In the words of my dear friend, Obi-wan Kenobi:  You must do what you feel is right, of course.

we pay $5.25 for cotton shirts and $7.25 for the high tech flammable ones.... bought locally, they're single color but custom photo or design.  Look good and are decent shirts.....   I'm with Stosh

one of our parents runs a silk screen/t shirt business.  we did 5 cotton shirts for a week of camp (5 different colors, one for each day) with simple troop logo on front.  $25 for 5 cotton, 50 if you wanted the wicking material.

Ours are $16 to $20 depending on youth vs. adult and long vs. short.  The shirts are synthetic (cotton is rotten) and most boys and adults purchased a short sleeve shirt and a long sleeve shirt.

We did brand new wicking shirts in the fall. Custom Troop logo on front (chest) and back (3 color screens on each side). From a local guy. Cost came to $12 per shirt. I always thought that ClassB was pricey, and the heavyweight Ts are not only too heavy for summer wear, but they tend to shrink in odd ways too. We also did a one color version of the logo on matching neckers for $7 per. They look awesome, and since the Scouts worked with my wife (she is a technical illustrator and graphic designer) to design the logo, they actually don't balk at wearing the neckers, and a couple of the boys even wear the wicking shirts to school sometimes.

Edited by Torchwood
  • Upvote 2

They be like, "Oh, that Gucci - that's hella tight."

I'm like, "Yo - that's fifty dollars for a T-shirt."

I used mock as well. But certain high-performance fabrics are worth having in your pack. Borrowed one piece of polypropylene, and was hooked. Bought one piece a year thereafter until I had enough stashed in my go-bag to cover my hide with a wicking layer.

It was a purchase in the "Save My Starving Children" gift shop.  The over-the-top pricing was to provide food for shipment overseas.  :)  It's a nice poly-cotton shirt so it makes me feel good in two different ways. Wore it today kayaking with the church youth group.

• 1 month later...

We just changed from some kind of cotton shirt to a dry-fit shirt. Our logo is on them, and that's got three colors in it. We are charging $13/shirt. I think $20/shirt is a bit pricey, but if that's your biggest complaint about the troop you're in pretty good shape.

The Committee Meeting is a good idea. For one thing, the troop might be trying to make a little money for a dedicated purpose or something. For example, our trailer and our truck are getting old and so we are trying to set some money aside here and there in a fund so that we have the money for that when we need it. The best place to find out that kind of thing is the committee meeting when they are discussing financials.