Did they do away with D? Annual Health and Medical Record

No, it is still there.  

Ive seen so many different versions of the med forms I dont remember what Part D used to be.  Now it is the "risk advisory" for the specific high adventure base.  The website has several PDF links - one with part A&B for "normal activitites", one with A/B/C for summer camp and five with A/B/C plus the part D for the specific high adventure base (and one for Philmont Training Center).

Again, dont remember if it has always been, but Part C has a check box for the doctor to indicate that she has read and discussed Part D with the patient.

Strange, so, it isn't something that needs to be filled out - it is just an extra page (looking at the link for the summit).  It looks like I can just print out that page and staple it to the ABC he already has. 

J

I am working on this now too.... for regular boy scout camps (Ma-ka-ja-wan in WI), do we need to print and carry around the part D and/or bring it to the doctor's office? Thanks!

Edited by Zaphod

I am working on this now too.... for regular boy scout camps (Ma-ka-ja-wan in WI), do we need to print and carry around the part D and/or bring it to the doctor's office? Thanks!

Unless the council has their own risk advisory the one reason for a youth or participant to bring along a HAB advisory would be if they were going to one of those HAB later on.   It will save a return trip to discuss the risks with the medical professional signing off and in the case of someone with medical limitations set them on a path to help them get there if needed.    

• Upvote 1

Unless the council has their own risk advisory the one reason for a youth or participant to bring along a HAB advisory would be if they were going to one of those HAB later on.   It will save a return trip to discuss the risks with the medical professional signing off and in the case of someone with medical limitations set them on a path to help them get there if needed.    

That's good advice... makes sense. My son is probably too young right now but best to get in the habit. Thanks.

Edited by Zaphod

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx is the one source of truth for all things medical record.    

"they" haven't had a D for quite some time, at least two full camp cycles:)      

There are risk advisories for each high adventure base, along with a template for a council to use should they want to develop their own.   

Thanks RichardB, I stand corrected - the Risk Advisory is not called "Part D".    

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx is the one source of truth for all things medical record.    

"they" haven't had a D for quite some time, at least two full camp cycles:)      

There are risk advisories for each high adventure base, along with a template for a council to use should they want to develop their own.   

Thank you for posting this information. There was conflicting information coming out of the troops in my town so I went to this website for the official word. We are going to Philmont next month with another troop and they are using an old copy of the form which has a Part D. Our troop is using this form which has a link from the site mentioned above. I hope the other troop does not have problems using the wrong form.

Thank you for posting this information. There was conflicting information coming out of the troops in my town so I went to this website for the official word. We are going to Philmont next month with another troop and they are using an old copy of the form which has a Part D. Our troop is using this form which has a link from the site mentioned above. I hope the other troop does not have problems using the wrong form.

You may wish to have anyone using an older version of the AHMR update them or at least contact the ranch and confirm.  I'd hate to see folks have a bad intake experience.   

• Upvote 1

You may wish to have anyone using an older version of the AHMR update them or at least contact the ranch and confirm.  I'd hate to see folks have a bad intake experience.   

Thank you. I have told them of this issue but they assured me they are fine. I sent your comment to their scoutmaster so he is aware of the official form to use so perhaps he can get them to change their mind.