I just wanted to say that this is a really impressive site!

I have a son who is a Bear this year, and we have been in scouting since he was a Tiger. Our Pack is small but growing as we discover how a Pack really should be run. When we joined in 2002, there was no Pack Committee, just the CM and ACM. They left next year, and the whole thing was dropped in the lap of the new CM, who was also a Den Leader, and who also had a full-time job with lots of responsibility. The finances were a mess and there was no liaison with the Charter Org, either.

Well, we formed a small Pack Committee to help her out, got a Chartered Org Rep, started working with our Council and going to monthly Roundtables. We started up a small Tiger and Wolf den, too.

Next year, our CM will be a Webelos Den Leader, and she has announced that she will no longer be Cubmaster, so it looks like I will take that role (there are a lot of hands pushing at my back). I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about it, so I'll be "scouting" (hee hee) for good Cubmaster ideas from the experienced ones here.