• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just snagged this guy on eBay. The deer is more tan that it appears in the pic. The description said it belonged to an SE in Lebanon County Council and that his wife sewed it on but unknown if it re

Sure thing.

The green ones were in the official catalog in the early 60s.  I used to look forward to getting that catalog in the mail like getting the Sears and Montgomery Ward Christmas catalogs.

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

Was scouting some OA lodge patches before Fall Fellowship and found this gem...in case anyone is looking at the moment. 1970's BSA Scout "Boys' Life Pedro" Plaid Jac-Shirt, 85% wool 15% nylon, in a Large...which I think is a men's 42" chest. Says it's a vintage Woolrich

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boy-Scouts-Pedro-Executive-Jac-Shirt-Scouting-Tartan-Large-1970s/163173544392

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 12:49 AM, Longhaired_Mac said:

Was scouting some OA lodge patches before Fall Fellowship and found this gem...in case anyone is looking at the moment. 1970's BSA Scout "Boys' Life Pedro" Plaid Jac-Shirt, 85% wool 15% nylon, in a Large...which I think is a men's 42" chest. Says it's a vintage Woolrich

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boy-Scouts-Pedro-Executive-Jac-Shirt-Scouting-Tartan-Large-1970s/163173544392

I just grabbed one of these. I’d had my eye on it for a few weeks and the price dropped to about $70. The parents in my den had given me a $50 PayPal gift card as a thank you, so viola- new to me Pedro jacket for $20. The only thing ‘wrong’ with it was that the previous owner apparently owned a dog with white fur. Gave it a once over with a lint brush and it’s food as new. It’s glorious in all its plaidness, so much so that the wife hates it. But then she has no appreciation for my vintage scouting attire.

I bought a used OD jacshirts two years ago on eBay and the Pedro jacket is much nicer, being a Woolrich and having hand warmer pockets . They’re both 85% wool, 15% nylon, but the OD jacshirt is so much thinner (wind cuts right thru it) and really baggy. Also, it’s made in Bangladesh.  So, with apologies to any 1970s execs, I’ll be sporting the Pedro when the temp dips low.

• 11 months later...

I just snagged this guy on eBay. The deer is more tan that it appears in the pic. The description said it belonged to an SE in Lebanon County Council and that his wife sewed it on but unknown if it represented a lodge or just the family. 

ED5372E1-49C8-4456-8340-A09CC4234A20.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As an owner of the red and OD jackets, I have to add the OD were around from 2003-2009.  This tends to be my activity jacket more than anything else.  I'm still not a fan of the printed BSA logo on the pocket.  My red one is more of a non-outing garment.  My Philmont bull is on the red along with the pre-MGM OA patch.  I just leave the OD one as it came.  They are ok for most temperate areas, but when cold weather (under 35ish degrees), the practical layering comes into play.  Also, when temps are above 65, time to stash them.