Well Free Speech does include offensive and racist language, but one's character dictates whether or not it is freely spewed, and of course what is offensive to one person is not offensive to the next.  One just needs to be aware of that or suffer the consequences.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yah, where's da FACEPALM emoji?

Our boys may be uncomfortable?   Ok more training then, look for my new video "It Happened to Me, I Was Breastfed" 

I respectfully disagree in the strongest terms possible.  If a boy no matter the age even bats an eye at a mother feeding her baby what we have is a bad parenting issue. I could care less if a femal

Posted Images

I sometimes think that almost no one knows what "freedom of speech" means. 

As for not understanding about consequences of behavior, that seems to be another common failing.  

The diapers I changed as a kid were not "disposed of."  They were rinsed out in the toilet bowl and, when enough had accumulated, washed, run through the ringer, and dried on the "clothes line."

The diapers I changed as a kid were not "disposed of."  They were rinsed out in the toilet bowl and, when enough had accumulated, washed, run through the ringer, and dried on the "clothes line."

Not sure where the current debate on cloth diapers is but last time we used them 8 years ago or so the disposable were considered more eco friendly due to the energy, chemicals and water need to wash cloth. Plus those pull-ups with the "cool strip" we're awsome for potty training. No one likes cold junk. :)

Landfills loaded with biohazard material is better than the heated soapy water?  The eco breakdown of the diaper material is measured in eons......Cotton diapers are compost-able. 

By the way, I toilet trained my children in one day, the Saturday after their 2nd birthday.  The eco impact of my children is non-evident anywhere in the world today.

Edited by Stosh

I think Stosh is right about this. Diapers have been the subject of net energy analysis since the early 1970s and the result has remained pretty much the same. Cloth diapers have the edge over disposables with one exception: if you're drying the cloth diapers with an electric dryer (not gas, not a clothesline) in that case disposables have the edge over cloth.

We used cloth exclusively and I understand this result. The major energy cost is the energy necessary to evaporate (dry) those clean, but wet, cloth diapers. If using the sun, there's no contest: cloth wins hands down. Even if using a gas dryer cloth has a marginal edge over disposables. But if you use an electric dryer the advantage shifts.

We used a clothes line and sometimes a gas dryer.

Stosh, one day? That's pretty good. Took us a lot longer.

What's the issue here?  Drinking alcohol is legal if one is over 21 years of age.  We don't shield our youth against seeing dad down a brewsky after mowing the lawn.  Smoking cigarettes is legal for anyone over 21 years of age.  We don't shield our youth against seeing mom or dad puffing on a smoke.  Breastfeeding an infant is legal for anyone regardless of age.  Why is this all of a sudden a big issue?  Maybe we ought to simply look the other way and worry more about selling popcorn.

Edited by Stosh

It was suggested by someone that certain things should be ignored and that scouts and scouters should focus on more important things like selling popcorn.  Isn't selling popcorn a higher priority than some mom legally breastfeeding her child?  It isn't a legal issue, nor is it an ethical issue and it certainly isn't a moral issue.  So get out and sell some popcorn!

Several moms gathered for a nurse-in protest at the Boy Scouts of America headquarters in Green Hills Friday afternoon.

“I just want the people to be safe and we set up a tent out here and have some bottled water. You know, these are advocates for breastfeeding and we support them,†Larry Brown, Scout Executive of the Middle Tennessee Council told News 2.

When she (Mrs. Millar) went to the Middle Tennessee council, which oversees her oldest son’s boy scout troop, she received a letter asking her to cover up or leave the room because “some scouts and/or families are simply uncomfortable with public breastfeeding.â€

Brown says the organization has sent a letter of apology to Millar.

“This was an unfortunate incident that was not handled appropriately, and we apologize for that,†he stated.

Millar says she appreciates the apology, but she wants policy in place.

“I am glad that they did apologize, but what I’m looking for now is national BSA policy on breastfeeding and education.â€

News 2 reached out to the national council about enforcing policy.

They (National Council) said the organization issued a reminder to all council leadership earlier this week highlighting that mothers that choose to breastfeed their children at meetings and events should be allowed to do so and should be treated with dignity and respect.

http://wkrn.com/2016/06/17/mothers-stage-nurse-in-protest-at-boy-scouts-of-america-headquarters/