So, now that we have the head of AT&T as president, does that mean all our scout camps will get net access for their volunteer leaders and to run the STEM programs?  They can mount equipment at the tops of the climbing towers in many, or simply a large tree.  

All of the camps in our area already have Wifi.  The one camp has had it for 3-4 years now.  I guess the best we can hope for is a discount on the pricing.

I hope our new president can influence the IT situation at National.   Irving's IT department is in dire need of direction.  Someone needs to guide them into 2016.

Someone needs to guide APay&Pay into 2016. Mobile is OK, but home internet is the worst, I kicked them out a few months ago.

Someone needs to guide APay&Pay into 2016. Mobile is OK, but home internet is the worst, I kicked them out a few months ago.

Now that you mention it...my experiences with ATT home internet have been quite horrible.

Now that you mention it...my experiences with ATT home internet have been quite horrible.

We will no longer have membership declines but "membership churn". Expect lots of tricks such as Early Scout Termination Fees, 2 year contracts, MB Caps and camping overage fees.

• Upvote 1

We will no longer have membership declines but "membership churn". Expect lots of tricks such as Early Scout Termination Fees, 2 year contracts, MB Caps and camping overage fees.

Instead of Councils and Districts, we'll have cell towers with really crappy coverage and frequent communication outages... oh, wait... not much of a change.

The rumor is they are instituting a new policy that if you "identify" as an Eagle Scout you will be awarded the rank. That way BSA won't be accused of denying anyone the rank with which they most identify.  ;)

Edited by Krampus
  • Upvote 3

The rumor is they are instituting a new policy that if you "identify" as an Eagle Scout you will be awarded the rank. That way BSA won't be accused of denying anyone the rank with which they most identify.  ;)

well played!

• Upvote 1