Religious Emblem Question

I picked up some materials for the religious emblem program. The protestant program offers several courses based on the age of the participant.

I have a few questions

1. Are boys that earned the emblem as Cub Scouts (ie God and Family) entitled to wear the purple/silver knot on their Boy Scout uni?

2. For scouts earning the award as Boy Scouts, I would assume that scouts earning the award as 6-8 graders (God and Church) would not have to take the 9-12 program (God and Life) to be considered religious emblem recipients when they reach that age.

3. Of those of you with scouts that earned their religious emblems, how many took the courses at multiple age/grade levels?

Thanks in advance ...

1. The purple square knot may be worn by the Scout as soon as he earns the award. This will remain on his uniform through audlthood. (I wear the knot on my uniform from my youth.) He may attach a device (a small pin) for the age level he earned to the award. I wear a Cub Scout and Explorer device on mine.

2. A Scout may earn all the award at each age level if he wishes. Each one explores a different area of faith.

3.See # 1

Scott

shemgren -

Where do you get those small, age-level pins to attach to the knots? There is no mention of them on any order forms from the parent org. or scouts that I've been able to find. My son has completed his second religious award, and we'd very much like to get them.

My son has earned 3 Roman Catholic religious awards so far. He will begin working on his next one this summer. My daughter, as a Girl Scout, has earned all 5 that she has been eligible for.

As Shemgren stated each award focuses on a different aspect of their faith. Each award is also written for a specific age group. As they get older they learn a little more about their relation to their faith, and go into more depth with each new level.

BTW - the little pins from the Scout Store are called Knot Devices. Many of the religious awards also have (available at the same time/place as when you get the awards) small corresponding pins similar to mothers pins.