Scouts fund raiser for Cancer Research UK

Morning all

A shameless plug on behalf of my scouts. Our annual over night charity trek, The Sun Run, has just been launched. This year in aid of Cancer Research UK, a charity the scouts chose for themselves. It's 22KM over night, west to east, starting at sun set, aiming to get to the finish line by sun rise.

If any of you have a few dollars to spare then please throw it our direction smile.gif

https://www.justgiving.com/12th-Cambridge-Scouts1

Thanks in advance!

Anna, Marina, Martha, Dan P, Felix, Jonnie, Izzy, Jenny, Eleanor H, Jude, Laura, Biba, Alex, Adam, Eleanor V, Katy, Mishcha, Jake, Raph, Oskar, Henry, Lukka, Max, Dan W, Harry, Kitty, Lucas, Rui

• Upvote 2

Thanks Krampus, that would be really kind of you.

It's an event that each year leaves me glowing with pride. Every year I'm left amazed at just how hard some of the kids will push themselves.

One year I had to force on our younger scouts to drop out and get a support car to pick her up. She was exhausted, limping and soaked to the skin. For her own safety I got her picked up with about 2 KM to go. Such was her determination to carry on she didn't speak to me for week afterwards!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Thankfully the weather mostly cleared up. Short rain shower at the start but it stopped within half an hour.

Over all a fantastic night. The scouts really pushed themselves and some found it quite hard. Not surprising given the distance! It was an incredibly heart warming sense of team spirit that kept them all going, especially two that were clearly limping in the last mile. They were determined not to let their mates down!

This is a photo of those that crashed over in our HQ afterwards. The leaders did our annual ritual of serving them breakfast in bed, bacon sandwiches all round :)

Thanks again to those kind enough to sponsor us, massively appreciated!

It;s 9pm here and after the two hours sleep I got last night I am now hitting the hay. Good night all.....

• Upvote 1

Over all a fantastic night. The scouts really pushed themselves and some found it quite hard. Not surprising given the distance! It was an incredibly heart warming sense of team spirit that kept them all going, especially two that were clearly limping in the last mile. They were determined not to let their mates down!

This is a photo of those that crashed over in our HQ afterwards. The leaders did our annual ritual of serving them breakfast in bed, bacon sandwiches all round :)

Thanks again to those kind enough to sponsor us, massively appreciated!

Glad it went well. From the photos it looks like some tired scouts!