• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epilogue   We spent the two and a half weeks since this tragedy helping the families to heal, to help the troop and friends find a way to grieve and remember our lost Scout, and to find a way to mov

To All-   Just popping my head back in to give an update. For obvious reasons I am not giving details of what transpired.   Our Scout was lost last Friday on his way to an event. A second Scout wa

It's my sad duty to report we lost one of our Scouts tonight. The other is in serious condition.   I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Not sure I'll be around here much for a while. We've got a

I just popped my head back in to say thank you for the expressions of support. We held a vigil for the young man last night and his remembrance service is tomorrow night.

I have be honored with the task of delivering his eulogy. While I am finding the words relatively easy to come by, getting them on paper has been difficult.

Thank you again.

I just popped my head back in to say thank you for the expressions of support. We held a vigil for the young man last night and his remembrance service is tomorrow night.

I have be honored with the task of delivering his eulogy. While I am finding the words relatively easy to come by, getting them on paper has been difficult.

Thank you again.

Let your heart talk rather than the paper.  :)  That's why the words are easy to come by, getting them on paper is not as important as getting them into the hearts of those around you.... You'll do just fine, everyone here is sending along their prayers, how could it go wrong? 

• Upvote 1

@@Krampus thanks for the update. Tonight will be significant. No doubt you'll find what the Good Lord has for you to say, and will say it well.

The more important thing is coaching the boys going forward as they find ways to remember their buddy and attend to his family. That's a matter of being attentive as time passes and nudging and encouraging in a quiet manner as time goes forward.

• Upvote 1

So so sorry. All of our worst fears realized. My Troop lost a beloved ex-Scout Master in his prime earlier this year and it deeply affected some boys and many adults. This is so much worse.

Boys grieve in many ways and they are not so good in processing their emotions.