Errors in May, 2016 version of YPT App

Training validation is currently in myscouting.org. You can search by member ID or your username.    It is working as designed to the best of my knowledge.  Your Key Three can actually update training credits now so maybe that is the source of "updates to the app" confusion.   

As others have pointed out (try what Zaphod says) training (which is where you would take YPT or print your certificate / pocket card) has moved to my.scouting.org.   

Enjoy.  

Training validation is currently in myscouting.org. You can search by member ID or your username.    It is working as designed to the best of my knowledge.  Your Key Three can actually update training credits now so maybe that is the source of "updates to the app" confusion.   

As others have pointed out (try what Zaphod says) training (which is where you would take YPT or print your certificate / pocket card) has moved to my.scouting.org.   

Enjoy.  

I don't claim to be the swiftest person around when it comes to things computeristic.

I went to myscouting.org

I clicked on Training Validation, which seemed like the place to go.

I got:

BSA Training Validation Training Search Youth Protection Training*

The only thing to do seemingly was "search."  So I searched by my oldest ID number.

I got: "The search criteria used did not return any person record.  Please modify the search criteria."

So I switch the search criteria to User Name and got a little box that sadi I finished YPT on a given date in 2016.  No other buttons to push - anywhere.

I did a Screen shot of the page. Council said that was not satisfactory proof of what It said.

It should not be hard.  There should be a big button; "Print out certificate of completion of training."

The Help Desk person at National said ti was easier to mail me a certificate than explain how I could print one out.

I don't claim to be the swiftest person around when it comes to things computeristic.

I went to myscouting.org

I clicked on Training Validation, which seemed like the place to go.

I got:

BSA Training Validation Training Search Youth Protection Training*

The only thing to do seemingly was "search."  So I searched by my oldest ID number.

I got: "The search criteria used did not return any person record.  Please modify the search criteria."

So I switch the search criteria to User Name and got a little box that sadi I finished YPT on a given date in 2016.  No other buttons to push - anywhere.

I did a Screen shot of the page. Council said that was not satisfactory proof of what It said.

It should not be hard.  There should be a big button; "Print out certificate of completion of training."

The Help Desk person at National said ti was easier to mail me a certificate than explain how I could print one out.

You are right, that is not the way to go. The certificate is not there. And the results you get are the ones that I got (a place that only verifies the date completed).

The problem is that the certificate is not at myscouting.org it is at my.scouting.org. See the extra period in there? Is that not the dumbest thing in the history of web addressing? If you start there then my instructions above will get you a certificate. I realize by now you have it... but now you can help someone else!

Edited by Zaphod