recording software for cub scouts

@@Krampus I will let you in on a secret. There is no cloud, it doesn't exist. It's just a computer somewhere else. :)

I have to laugh because I work for a Fortune 50 company. Our clients, like everyone else, are stampeding to the "cloud" thinking it is something different than the old-fashioned brick and mortar data centers with the old DL 380s and DL 580s sitting on the floor. I build these places for a living and just laugh that if they only knew that the data centers look nearly identical to what they did in the "old days"....just newer and cooler gear.

Edited by Krampus

Thanks Everyone:

I was at pack meetings last Tuesday and Wednesday.    I had parents asking what does a UC do? 

one of my packs are going to try Scouttrack and the other on is going to try ScoutBook. 

thanks everyone for the information   :)

Thanks Everyone:

I was at pack meetings last Tuesday and Wednesday.    I had parents asking what does a UC do? 

one of my packs are going to try Scouttrack and the other on is going to try ScoutBook. 

thanks everyone for the information   :)

Make sure they keep paper back ups of all their data. None of those have real-time, redundant back-ups.

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised about the positive comments on Scoutbook.  Its cumbersome to use the navigation, Scouts can't contact each other unless the Scout and parent log in to allow it.  I can't get the parents to log in at all!  The reports are difficult, can't even print a Patrol roster with ranks!!!  Plus you can't print the reports.  I had to add a Chrome app specially designed to export Scoutbook reports.   

I would rather use paper, Scoutbook took up 3 hours of my day trying to figure out how to add a parent email address to the Scout profile.