Hi!

I'm a new Tiger leader in SW OH. Our den started with a leader who didn't have any kids (in or out of scouting) and just out of high school (I think). She got involved because her dad and brother are heavily involved in scouting. She seemed to be excited at the first meeting, but then she started missing den and pack meetings and the Go See Its. Found out that she was sick, moved to an appartment and having a hard time making ends meet.

At the November pack meeting she didn't show again, so I volunteered. I was never a scout and was 100% sure I knew what I was getting into. I volunteered after the NLE training in our area, so I haven't taken that yet. The next one is in March and I plan on going. I started doing research on the web and found many good sites, including this one. I've found some good ideas and other odds and ends to help me.

We started with 5 Tigers, then gained 2 and lost 1 in the meantime. So our den stands at 6. We've had a lot of fun as a den and with the pack.

I'm seriously considering continuing as den leader as my son advances. He seems to really enjoy it. We have a spring overnighter coming and I guess I'll be camping even though I'm not overly fond of camping. I'm counting on this to be a great experience for my son and I. I have a younger son who will be old enough for Tigers in 3 years, so at that time I may switch from being a Webelos leader back to Tigers.

I've got this site bookmarked and have forwarded ideas to our CM. Especially the idea of having the first 2 or 3 months of Tigers pretty much planned out as a help to a new Tiger leader.

Hope to provide good ideas as well as get ideas.