Yep it's me, back again unfortunately. :)

Well my last attempt at returning didn't last long. The lemons just kept coming and we had to take a break from Scouting, move to a new city, the wife went ahead and I had to stay behind for 5 months as single Dad etc, etc. Kind of left the old units in a crunch considering I was IH, CC of troop, CM and WDL all at the same time but I hear they are surviving somehow.

Things have settled down for the most part and my sons joined a new troop (youngest just crossed over). There were some hard choices to make between 3 troops and none are perfect but you know what sold me on this one? The SM retests at every rank advancement! I love it, the Life SMC can reportedly take 4 troop meetings to complete. Doesn't get more off the reservation that that!

The new troop doesn't really need my services at the moment so I am starting at the district level with a committee or two. For some dang reason the stress of the past year has made my uniform shrink substantially and I actually had to order one from that scoutstuff place. :)

Anyhoo, been lurking a bit the past few days and thought and hope to stick around if you will have my sorry ass back.

Sort of glad I missed all I&P topics over the past year as I am sure it was wild. Going to try and stay away from there but you know how that goes, no matter how hard you try you just get pulled back in. It's like the Mob.

Any chance BD still hangs here? I miss you all dearly, but I must admit I miss him the most is a twisted sort of way. Lol.

Nice platform change by the way.

• Upvote 2

Any chance BD still hangs here? I miss you all dearly, but I must admit I miss him the most is a twisted sort of way. Lol.

Nope. He left last year as I recall. There were some seriously hot issues in IP and he left along with a few others.

KDD thanks for the update. Glad your back!

Retest everything? So are these SMCs held on 9sq miles of navigable land with a staffed aquatics area?

Edited by qwazse

KDD thanks for the update. Glad your back!

Retest everything? So are these SMCs held on 9sq miles of navigable land with a staffed aquatics area?

We shall see, but to my understanding many of them happen at summer camp. Hehe. I suppose past observation may play a role.

He makes it very clear from the git go that once those shoes hit the asphalt in the parking lot he is in charge and you are no longer Dad.

I must say I was very impressed on the last outing. My oldest was sick and my crossover did not want to go and was pain the whole weekend, plopping down multiple times and refusing to budge. He let his SPL handle him the whole time and he performed admirably. Saturday night dinner I asked the SPL how he was holding up in the face of my little monster and his reply, "I've had worse"

From the looks of things so far his methods are effective.

Edited by King Ding Dong
  • Upvote 1

Doc says my A1C is a little to close for comfort so no more treats for me. :( Cholesterol is bad, liver enzymes not good, testosterone in the tank. Meat and veggies is all I can have for now with an occasional glass of wine. Been on the straight and narrow for about a month now. Thought I would be much grumpier. Thinking about requesting a medically induced coma for a month once December rolls around.

Doc says my A1C is a little to close for comfort so no more treats for me. :( Cholesterol is bad, liver enzymes not good, testosterone in the tank. Meat and veggies is all I can have for now with an occasional glass of wine. Been on the straight and narrow for about a month now. Thought I would be much grumpier. Thinking about requesting a medically induced coma for a month once December rolls around.

Hang in there. I gave up refined products (sugar, flour, etc.) over ten years ago and it was tough at first. Swore I wanted to be one of those guys that peopled looked at and thought was 15 years younger than I actually was. The first month was the worst but if you have a goal (dropping weight, looking better, feeling better, better health, grand kids, etc.) you can do it. The key is not to make any excuses to relapse. If you don't have that get someone who can help you.

I fall off the wagon no and again -- hard to give up my lattes -- but I plan for that. Funny, cannot drink the Frappacinos now...WAY too sweet for me. ;)

This looks like an appropriate thread topic for this. I got a PM from a member/moderator and after thinking about his message, I think he's right and I should not have left just because of some jerks who do not live by the scout law. I should have taken them to task. I apologize for leaving. It wasn't for the best of reasons.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...