Hi guys! My name is Giulia, I'm 16 and I'm a girl scout from Italy :) I'm part of the scouting group "Carini 2", I'm not new to scouting... or well... I started two years ago. I and my patrol are trying to contact scouts all around the world and have a talk, share interests, photos and whatever. Then if you want we can also exchange our scarves! That would be amazing!

Excuse me for my bad English, I'm still trying to learn. :/

Greetings from Italy (Sicily).

Giulia and the "Panthers".

Bevenuto Guila!

There are mostly adults on this forum. But I do hope some youth will go to your very nice website, see some of Carini 2's photos, and post a message to you.

Welcome to the forum.  It's good to have more youth here because that's where the program really works.

Don't worry about your English, you seem to be doing better than some here.  :)

Ciao Giulia E benvenuto.

Dirò prima che il mio italiano è peggio che il vostro inglese . E 'stato molto tempo da quando ho usato . Per lo più solo nei ristoranti ora . ;)

Ci sono due adulti che lavorano qui con Scoutismo. @@Cambridgeskip E @@ianwilkins possono essere in grado di mettere in contatto con alcuni dei loro Scouts. Vi auguro tutto il meglio. Ciao.
Edited by Krampus

Yeah, what he said.... :)  Other than the part where her English is better than my Italian.   If she knows the word THE, she's doing better than me.

Edited by Stosh

Yeah, what he said.... :)  Other than the part where her English is better than my Italian.   If she knows the word THE, she's doing better than me.

Let's face it, @@Stosh, her English is better than the English of most US teenagers. ;)

My Italian, on the other hand, might have actually been Albanian. It has been a long time since I've used it.

Edited by Krampus
  • Upvote 1

Wrong, her English is better than most people in America of any age.  We have some people here that are more difficult to understand than the Brits and Aussies!

Seriously, Giulia doesn't have one mistake in the whole post, which would automatically make me assume she's not an American!  :)

• Upvote 1
Buongiorno Giulia,

If you are on facebook, I would recommend posting a similar message on 1st Facebook Scout Group. It has lots of UK people and mostly leaders but there are some people that will be your age, and from different countries around the world. Another option might be groups to do with the world scout jamboree.

You might also be interested in JOTI/JOTA - Jamboree On The Internet/Air. That is in October http://jotajoti.info/and its whole purpose is to get scouts from different countries talking to each other.

Oh, and your English is excellent! I've had to write this very carefully so you don't show me up! :-)

Arrivederci!

Ian

Edited by ianwilkins
  • 4 months later...

I don't know if @@Giulia1102 is still following us. But she would be pleased to know that her post prepared me for this weekend.

I met an exchange student from Italy who was sorely missing her scout group, and was thrilled to receive an invite to our crew. I was impressed that she had already read Scouting for Boys and nearly every book that her scoutmaster had on BSA. She was especially excited to read the scout oath and law on the application and mentally translate it to Italian. She had not known that BSA had a program that included young women, so, between Venturing and the high school theater, she told me "I think this is going to be the best year of my life!"

• Upvote 1