Greetings from Flagstaff, AZ

Hey everyone! I'm Eric from Troop 142 in Flagstaff, AZ. I got my start in scouting as a boy and when my son was born, I was ready to jump in and be a leader and help enjoy everything scouting has taught me. I started as a Tiger den leader and am now Assistant Scoutmaster in my son's troop. I really enjoy scouting and my son does as well. We have a great troop that is very active giving the scouts lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and advance.

I'm happy to be here and look forward to reading through all the posts and getting to know you while picking up tidbits here & there.

• Upvote 1

"picking up tidbits...."  Hey, this is a LNT website.  We don't leave any tidbits laying around.   The very idea.....

Now you just might get some good ideas and WE might profit from YOUR experience , too!  

Now THAT'S a good Idea!   

Welcome to the virtual crackerbarrel!  

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

20 or so years ago I flew into Pheonix on a Saturday for a week of training, around April. Had nothing to do on Sunday so what the hell lets go see that big hole in the ground. Jumped in my rental car in shorts and t shirt and off I went. Somewhere north of Flagstaff I stopped at a rest area and noticed some remnants of snow on the ground. What the hell, I was just in the desert admiring the cacti. Once I got to the South Rim I was pretty chilly and the. It dawned on me that the GC is NOT a hole in the ground.