Choices, Chances, and Consequences: Muddy Lions

Because of language, etc.

I could understand if they were using squirt guns but this doesn't make sense.

I looked at the website and between all the awards, all the youth groups showing it, scoutreach, and BSA's desire to control the conversation, I'd think this would be a slam dunk. I also noticed that a PG version was made for someone that requested a toned down version.

Yo! Moderators!

If the language in the movie is inappropriate, then the discussion of this movie needs to move to I&P.  :)

Language is inappropriate, but not inherently political. Will leave here and make a note in the original post.

It seems like a fantastic movie. I was disappointed when the trailer ended.

Edited by Sentinel947

I could understand if they were using squirt guns but this doesn't make sense.

I looked at the website and between all the awards, all the youth groups showing it, scoutreach, and BSA's desire to control the conversation, I'd think this would be a slam dunk. I also noticed that a PG version was made for someone that requested a toned down version.

While laudable, I doubt it reaches the suburban/rural demographic that represent most Scout units. I showed the trailer to my kids and they thought it was an episode of Law & Order; not something they can really related to. There's drinking, drugs, sex and crime in the schools but not really flagrant or pervasive. 

While laudable, I doubt it reaches the suburban/rural demographic that represent most Scout units. I showed the trailer to my kids and they thought it was an episode of Law & Order; not something they can really related to. There's drinking, drugs, sex and crime in the schools but not really flagrant or pervasive. 

Based on the things that actually show up in public health statistics, our suburbs are no less risky than the city with one exception ... gun violence.

One of our local TV personalities was fired for editorializing this issue with racial overtones on social media. Lot's of back-and-forth on the fairness of her dismissal.

Based on the things that actually show up in public health statistics, our suburbs are no less risky than the city with one exception ... gun violence.

One of our local TV personalities was fired for editorializing this issue with racial overtones on social media. Lot's of back-and-forth on the fairness of her dismissal.

Not down south. Major cities are still much worse than the burbs.

Murder rate/100,000 of North Dakota - 3.0

Murder rate/100,000 of Wisconsin 2.9

Murder rate/100,000 of Minnesota 1.6

Largest city in ND - Grand Forks, population 55,000

Largest city in Wisconsin - Milwaukee, population 600,000

Largest city in Minnesota - Twin Cities, population 3.2 million

Total population of urban/rural ND - 740,000

Total population of Urban/rural WI - 5.75 million

Total population of Urban/rural MN - 5.45 million

Looks like statistically ND is a terrible place to live.  :)