Last time I staffed WB, four of "my" six Beavers had completed no training whatsoever prior to starting WB.  Turns out there are practical barriers to "Do it our way or else."

Along those same lines, how about "Honorary Scout" for the Scouts who insist on avoiding the Patrol Method?

Last time I staffed WB, four of "my" six Beavers had completed no training whatsoever prior to starting WB.  Turns out there are practical barriers to "Do it our way or else."

Along those same lines, how about "Honorary Scout" for the Scouts who insist on avoiding the Patrol Method?

What happened?

What happened?

They all finished the course.  The two assigned to me for ticket purposes finished and got their beads.  

As in any system, there are policies and practices and the two may not coincide.  Another example would be the "mandatory" Patrol Method that is rarely observed.

• 1 month later...

Adult staffers who have passed the requirements can earn beads for serving as course SM or course SA  Every adult staffer is undoubtedly someone's "son."

The insignia for a youth who has completed NYLT is the NLYT strip.

I asked the Scout Shop about that strip. They said that's a third party patch. The only recognized patch is the bsa nylt patch.

Anyone else get a different answer?

EDIT: Appears my scout shop was wrong (no surprise). Scoutstuff.org sells the strip.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/emb-nylt-trained-strip.html#.VvZuzno8KrU

Add this to the "how did I not know about this!" column.  There is an NYLT trained strip.  I'll have to inform my son, and he will want 5 I'm sure!