Returning Scouter after hiatus

Hello,

I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout in my youth (I'm in my mid-30s now).

I wasn't involved in Scouts between college and now, but have recently become a Den Leader for my son's pack.  As a youth, I was in the OA and completed my ordeal.  Regrettedly, I didn't have much involvement in my OA Lodge as a youth.  I didn't achieve Brotherhood.

My questions are about rejoining OA now as a Scouter.  I now live in a different Scouting Council than where I spent my youth.  From the local Lodge's website it looks like all I would have to do are pay annual dues and fill out a brief application form, and I could join their lodge.  Not having been very involved in OA as a youth, I'm not sure what role Scouters play in the OA.  Do Scouters play an advisory role similar to their role in a troop?  Also, could I complete Brotherhood as an adult or is it only for under 21? 

Hello,

I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout in my youth (I'm in my mid-30s now).

I wasn't involved in Scouts between college and now, but have recently become a Den Leader for my son's pack.  As a youth, I was in the OA and completed my ordeal.  Regrettedly, I didn't have much involvement in my OA Lodge as a youth.  I didn't achieve Brotherhood.

My questions are about rejoining OA now as a Scouter.  I now live in a different Scouting Council than where I spent my youth.  From the local Lodge's website it looks like all I would have to do are pay annual dues and fill out a brief application form, and I could join their lodge.  Not having been very involved in OA as a youth, I'm not sure what role Scouters play in the OA.  Do Scouters play an advisory role similar to their role in a troop?  Also, could I complete Brotherhood as an adult or is it only for under 21? 

Give your new lodge your old lodge's name/location. You should be on record. If not there are other ways they can verify. Once you are up to date they will let you know when you are eligible to BH as an adult.

To answer your question,

Scouter Arrowmen, even those who were youth members, have an advise and assist role.  Now, that said, your Scout Reservation may well make use of Scouter Arrowmen to lead the "heavy lifting" work crews ... doing things which are beyond the limits of G2SS for youth ... In my council, Candidates and Arrowmen who have skilled trades tend to do their work days on major projects.

Otherwise, you start by getting wiht the Chapter Adviser, and start doing things to assist:  Being 2 deep at OA events and such.  It goes from there.

ICS.

Welcome and good luck.  Yes, it is a simple piece of paper to get your membership transferred into the current lodge.  If you served for at least 1 year as an Ordeal member, you are eligible to do Brotherhood at any time.   Brotherhood is the easiest of the 3 levels to achieve.  Hope you have a good group of adult leaders in your lodge.  In my neck of the woods, if you , or a family member is not on camp staff at a local camp you are really not welcomed.