my scouting site question training

who uses the my.scouting site.

I'm a committee chair and I keep an eye on training for our troop. The my.scouting site totally sucks.

Is there anywhere on the site that I can see what training courses the leaders have completed. All I can seem to find is a report when YPT was taken and expires. And another report that shows leaders are trained or what course they need to complete. But nowhere can I find out what course they have completed. Like I want to know what leaders have taken Hazardous Weather, trek safey, swim safety, etc...

who uses the my.scouting site.

I'm a committee chair and I keep an eye on training for our troop. The my.scouting site totally sucks.

Is there anywhere on the site that I can see what training courses the leaders have completed. All I can seem to find is a report when YPT was taken and expires. And another report that shows leaders are trained or what course they need to complete. But nowhere can I find out what course they have completed. Like I want to know what leaders have taken Hazardous Weather, trek safey, swim safety, etc...

Yes you can see your registered leaders' training. You have to use the icon in the upper left to get to your unit dashboard.

Try this PDF link below. It may help. Note: BSA is currently updating charters so your system may not be up and running with your current data yet. Also if you are new to your role the system may not have you as a Key 3 leader so your access may be limited. Lastly the system only tracks the data tied to the specific log in for a user. For example if "tomsmith" does training but he's registered in your unit under "Tom.smith" only the record he's registered under will update. You'll need to make sure your leaders use their registered user ID. This happens more than you think. Good luck.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/idg/MyScouting_Tools_FAQs.pdf

EDIT: I had a few minutes to walk you through it. Do this:

• Upper left click the home icon.
  • Click your unit menu select on the left, should be your troop or pack number plus your district.
  • Click Training Manager on the left menu.
  • This should take you to a menu with two pie charts. The one on the far right is YPT, the one on the left is any other training your leaders have taken. Note that only leaders registered to your unit will show up here AND it assumes that the login they use is linked to their BSA ID. If not (see example above) their training will not register.
  • If you click on the blue icon immediately to the right of the Trained Leaders caption over the pie chart, this will download a pdf will all training your leaders have taken.
  • BSA is updating their systems now. Your council may or may not have the most recent recharter information online, so you may be seeing 2015 data.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Krampus