MyScouting.Org online training redesigned and really intimidating

The Cub Scout online training has been re-done and the new layout is extremely intimidating.  Dozens of modules.  Each 10+ minutes long and done individually.  

Anyone know if this is the final state or is something else happening?  

I really can't recommend cub leaders use the online training anymore.  It's just too much.

That was a topic of discussion at both the district committee meeting and CSRT last nite.  New DE had to go through it in order to go to DE school, and said he would " rather take a shotgun to my head than go through the new training ever again."

We are going to be doing a live version for everyone in the Fall.

Edited by Eagle94-A1

Tried to get into the venturing training, Gave up after a dozen clicks and loop after loop of errors thrown up by the iPad.

That's because the modules are mostly written in Java. You will need one of the iOS third party browsers that attempt to support Java.

BSA's tech dept is stuck in 2002.

That's because the modules are mostly written in Java. You will need one of the iOS third party browsers that attempt to support Java.

Had a MBC call me the other night to walk her through redoing her YPT on line, after several attempts that kept crashing realized she was using Mozilla.  I'm not techie enough to know if that was actually the problem, but if it takes any special programming for BSA training to be compatible with other browsers than I know it's not happening.  Had her come to the next troop meeting and use my laptop.

Wow.  I did not expect the tech trouble issues.  I was referring to the dozens of modules and the overall time it would take to complete them all.  It's just too much.  It is a huge negative for doing online training.  The old online training could have been beefed up some ... some ... but it had as much meat as the in-person program and was very easy to complete.  This new stuff is just way over the top in size. 

Had a MBC call me the other night to walk her through redoing her YPT on line, after several attempts that kept crashing realized she was using Mozilla.  I'm not techie enough to know if that was actually the problem, but if it takes any special programming for BSA training to be compatible with other browsers than I know it's not happening.  Had her come to the next troop meeting and use my laptop.

Well, as old as the web is you'd think that folks would know to keep their browser up to date. Guess not.

Had a friend on FB want to know who was in a certain picture. I responded "Check the 'tags'". She responded, "I can't see the labels of their clothes! Do people really put their names in clothes anymore?"  :o  :unsure:

I still chuckle at that whenever I feel low.

• Upvote 1

I was using Chrome for iOS.

I'll see if I need to run updates, then give it another shot the next time I want that feeling of nails in my forehead.

There should be a MB on clean coding.

I was using Chrome for iOS.

I'll see if I need to run updates, then give it another shot the next time I want that feeling of nails in my forehead.

There should be a MB on clean coding.

I haven't gotten the site to work on iOS. Too frustrating.