The Boy Scout Handbook and inflation

I have no problem with ads, if it lowers the cost for the boys.  Let them know there are interesting things out there besides video games.

Seems to work for Boy's Life.

I wonder how much longer before the Handbook will only be available electronically. Imagine pop-up ads while trying to read First Aid for snake bite.

• Upvote 1

With different solid colors of paracord, one can alternate two colors into one knot.  First tie a two strand Turk's Head then weave the second color in so it ends up a 4 strand knot, two-two strands woven together  :)  Think outside the box!

DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHH!

Yep, I need to think outside the box. Now I gotta practice doing that.

Seems to work for Boy's Life.

I wonder how much longer before the Handbook will only be available electronically. Imagine pop-up ads while trying to read First Aid for snake bite.

HOPEFULLY NEVER!!!!!!!

Seriously, not everyone can afford all the electronics that are available these days. And imagine needing your handbook on a trip for an emergency, only to find out the battery ran out?

On another, professional FYI,  Did you know that NASA has a huge warehouse of reel to reel data storage units that they are unable to read because they no longer have the hardware to read it?  And did you know that it is easier to read declassified WWII and Korean War documents than it is  Gulf War documents, because DOD doesn't have the software and/or hardware to read those documents any longer?  Technology, aint it wonderful?

• Upvote 1

On another, professional FYI,  Did you know that NASA has a huge warehouse of reel to reel data storage units that they are unable to read because they no longer have the hardware to read it?  And did you know that it is easier to read declassified WWII and Korean War documents than it is  Gulf War documents, because DOD doesn't have the software and/or hardware to read those documents any longer?  Technology, aint it wonderful?

Urban legend reported by some media. My company supports these two organizations (among others) specifically in the area of old media data archiving. If they have data, we have given them the means to read it.  :cool:  It is what keeps guys over 50 employed because none of the younger guys know how to fix the hw or how to program the software. ;)

Saves on encryption. :rolleyes:

What is of value to keep? Is it mostly telemetry data or is it von Braun yelling at Alan Shepard?

Edited by RememberSchiff