• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born in April, 1961 in Seattle, WA.

My 15 minutes of fame started a day after I was born. They had just built a new hospital wing for the babies and I was the one they lifted to show for the papers. The local Mayor also posed for the picture. See, the rest of you have to worry about when your 15 minutes of fame is, I've already had mine so I can live my life in peace! ;)

Born November 14th 1984, so I'm 19. I was born in Bogota Colombia, was adopted a few months after and grew up on Long Island New York. I'm always asked if I want to meet my birth parents but I always respond not really, because I have parents of my own. So I'm probably the only tan kid that grew up German-Irish-Italian, eating Bratwurst! No one thinks I'm from South America though, I'm usually guessed to be Italian. And no one could understand why I failed spanish every year I took it! haha!

VenutreScoutNY

A belated birthday to you Hops...got any leftover cake, hey?

My birthday....wow, what was that year, can't remember if Roosevelt, or Truman was the Pres at the time...well, anyhow I came into the world on the side of a dirt road in Idaho, on a cold late autum day, somewhere south of the Salmon River...been rambling ever since..

I arrived in Corning California on January 18th 1963, three weeks ahead of schedule. 24 hours or so later the docotor said something like "This guy's a fighter I think he'll make it"

I'm 16, with 25 years experience ;-)

YIS

Phil

I celebrated the 24th anniversary of my 21 birthday 9 days ago.

My youngest son wanted to try to make a cherry pie in the dutch oven for my birthday. The edges were so black, he gave me $10.00 and asked me to go to Dairy Queen and get an ice cream cake.

For those of us that enjoy the cherry filling more than the crust, the pie / ice cream cake combination was great!

Mark

Came out one hot, steamy morning on Jan '65 in Saigon, VN. Depends which calendar one uses for to determine animal signs, I can either be a dragon or a snake, but like to think of myself as a mutt! Head of snake, tail of a dragon! What a combo!

Born Sept. 22, 1961 (on the cusp between Libra and Virgo, although I've always gone with the latter) in St. Cloud, Minnesota. My mother's aunt was a nursing nun at the hospital, and she worked in the maternity ward, so it was really a family affair. And to make it even better, I was actually born on my due date! How many people can say that?? (My own kids can't!)

I became part of the 6th generation of the family to be born in this Commonwealth on what was by the accounts I have been told a fine September day in the Methodist Hospital in a nice little city that sits where US 60 and US 41 intersect, and where the Ohio and Green Rivers meet in western Kentucky. That was, by my reckoning, in the two hundred eighth year of the Independence of this Republic. It was also one hundred ninety-six years and ten days after the Ratification of the Constitution of the United States. My 15 min. of fame, thus far, came in kindergarten when my class sang "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" live for Good Morning America. History would seem to indicate I will almost certainly become part of the 8th generation to depart from this state (in life or death), the first having gone when a tree crushed their wagon during a night storm in the Cumberland Gap in 1808.

(I must site the work of John Egerton, Generations, for some of the facts contained here.)

Old enough to get OGE's crack about the professor. That was set in what, the twenties? Wow, you are old!:) Young enough to be under hops. I was born on a day in late March. It may have been nice, it was too long ago for me to remember. Come to think of it, it must have been beautiful. After all, it's when I entered the world! Just kidding. Anyway, I was born in Georgia and have lived in the same town my whole life.