T-2-1 are able to be worked on concurrently; how about "scout" rank?

Going through online resources, I have not yet found this answer (sorry if it's been posted before).

Does a brand new scout entering in 2016 need to COMPLETE scout rank before moving on to T-2-1, or can he work on all 4 of those ranks alongside each other (just waiting one-by-one for the awarding part)?

If anyone knows where this is WRITTEN, I'd appreciate a link. Thank you!

So what's the answer? Some of us haven't gotten the new books yet, so we can't look it up. I am assuming the answer is yes though since national has made a big push for all Scouts to get First Class in a year. And part of that was getting rid of the time requirements between Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks. Plus Scouts can earn MBs for the other ranks before they get to that rank.

Page 2 of http://www.scouting.org/filestore/boyscouts/pdf/524-012_BS_Requirements.pdf

The requirements for the Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks may be worked
on simultaneously; however, these ranks must be earned in sequence.

So, yes if your son is into knots, he can master them while he's still trying to memorize the oath and law ... and if his PL is doing sign-offs on timber hitches, the boy can demonstrate them and get that signature in his book!

• Upvote 1

@@Blackcat, thanks for the post! You may have answered your question, but we're starting to make it fun!

Update the nomenclature: S-T-SC-FC or S-FC now. ;)

The perfect acronym is ruined. T2F made good shorthand for the rank names and "Trail to First Class".

When I see S-FC, my cobwebbed mind goes to "Star or First Class".

Maybe Sc-Fi? Oh wait, nevermind.

• Upvote 2

T2FC works for both the new guys and the old farts.

T2FC Tenderfoot to First Class, Tenderfoot, 2nd, First Class or now Trail to First Class. 

On this forum it shouldn't be a problem, no one knows what anyone else means half the time most of the time anyway.

Edited by Stosh
  • Upvote 1