Maybe clear SOME stuff up regarding changes for 2016

Managing 20 boys on the old requirements and 25 boys on the new requirements -- plus another 40 either on one set or the other -- will be a major headache. ;)

If units can channel them by groups it will help the burden.

I don't see it as much of a problem.  In Boy Scouting in our troop, Advancement is individual.  The main problem, IMHO, will be how TroopWebhost handles this. 

OH I thought they are suppose to be on the shelf the first part of January.

ROFL...that would take planning. Remember of whom we speak. This is BSA.

I am just glad the "mid-January" of which they spoke was in 2016 and not 2017. ;)

I don't see it as much of a problem.  In Boy Scouting in our troop, Advancement is individual.  The main problem, IMHO, will be how TroopWebhost handles this. 

If you are using Scoutbook, it handles this very well.

At the very top of the rank requirements page, you make a selection as to if the 2010, 2013, or 2016 requirements are being used, and it brings up the correct requirement numbers and sign off dates section.

I do not know if it "error checks" for you - for example making sure that anyone who's first rank requirement signature is in 2016 uses the 2016 requirements, but you can select the right one before you start notating the signature dates.

Go on line and print out the insert of the new requirements to use with the old handbook.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/programupdates.aspx    in general, Cub Scouts is more particular.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/boyscouts/pdf/524-012_BS_Requirements_Insert.pdf   Boy Scouts more specific for each rank.   Hoo boy,  some veeeery interesting new stuff.  Not unreasonable (still no Morse code in FC), but interesting.    Lawyers been at work?

Venturing is there too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1