Problem with Internet Recharter

Doing Internet Recharter for BSA for first time and have a couple of questions.

Registering the boys is not a problem. You uncheck the ones who are out and at a later point, you add the ones that are in.

My question concerns the adults. We have had a total makeover in Troop adult leadership. Some are remaining but in different positions. Others are moving on and others are being added.

How do you edit when a person stays on but in a different position? Is there a way to change and edit things and still stay in "Stage 2" as they call it?

I don't want to go too deep into the electronic process until I'm ready to print it (or whatever it does at the end). What I would like is to work on the roster in Stage 2 and then do the next step when I finished with that.

I have a strong feeling there is no "back arrow" and once you complete Stage 2, you are done with that.

Does any of this make sense?

Tx in advance from a nervous, first-time CC.

They need to register for the new position (fill out a new application), then you can make the change. I don't think changing someone from "troop committee" to "scoutmaster"bean be done online until after recharter.

I may be wrong but I've never seen this done.

Edited by Krampus

I have a strong feeling there is no "back arrow" and once you complete Stage 2, you are done with that.

Does any of this make sense?

Tx in advance from a nervous, first-time CC.

You can go real far in and print out a copy, then go back and make changes, before clicking submit.

Oh, and on behalf of your unit leader, bless you!

The Only time a leader does Not have to fill out a new application to change positions is at Recharter. Since the Institution Head signs the charter, they are giving approval for all adult positions.

I do not remember if it is stage 2 or 3, but you can edit a leader's information, including position.

The Only time a leader does Not have to fill out a new application to change positions is at Recharter. Since the Institution Head signs the charter, they are giving approval for all adult positions.

I do not remember if it is stage 2 or 3, but you can edit a leader's information, including position.

Not in my council. We've tried that. Any time we switch a position we need a new application. It's idiotic. You'd think in the 21st Century we could go online and make the change.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, I've always thought a new application was required to change positions as well.  We will be doing our recharter in a couple of weeks, will have to keep this in mind.

I gotta say I vastly prefer my ol' ASM position to the CC. Nothing but computer stuff, BORs and Committee meetings now. I did manage to get the key adult positions filled.

SM is in for another year, as is Treasurer and Adv Chair. Got a surgeon/dad to keep and handle all the physical forms. Excellent mix of new and old Dads for ASMs.

Very few trained, however. I see that as a big weakness.

my experience was the same... a new application needed.

and as I recall it was easy to go back and forth through the system.... but not after you click that last button.  After that it's locked in.  It gives you good warning at that point as I remember.

I gotta say I vastly prefer my ol' ASM position to the CC. Nothing but computer stuff, BORs and Committee meetings now.

We allow all of our troop committee folks to camp with us. They are very much like ASMs....just not much Scout contact, per se. Since our SPL handles most things the adults are just around because of policy and oversight reasons.

• Upvote 1

<<The Only time a leader does Not have to fill out a new application to change positions is at Recharter. Since the Institution Head signs the charter, they are giving approval for all adult positions.>> 

That's the way it works in our council, too.

I've changed many an adult leader position to suit the needs of the unit,  and even had MY position changed one time when I wasn't expecting it!