Shakes head in disbelief. Again. :(

When you live in a place where silly rules govern the fun you can have, then yeah, again.

Ask your kids how they'd feel if adults wouldn't let them use squirt guns, water balloons, drive go carts, use certain kinds of knives, only climb using certain techniques and gear, only use certain tools, etc, then talk to me.

It's easy to shake your head when you don't have such limitations on what your kids can do. Makes planning so much harder....not to mention retention.

Edited by Krampus

I don't know how you can have that much fun with girls and incomplete uniforms  ;) .  Great job, Cambridgeskip.  Scout on!

Thanks! and yup, they can be professional scruffs when they want to :) Although they are going to have to smarten up for the theatre trip next week.

As for super soakers.... We have a small arsenal of them owned by the troop itself. One of the first things to get packed for camps.....

• Upvote 2

Ask your kids how they'd feel if adults wouldn't let them use squirt guns, water balloons, drive go carts, use certain kinds of knives, only climb using certain techniques and gear, only use certain tools, etc, then talk to me.

I don't need to ask. I know the answer. I feel your pain! We're not short of the odd weird and restrictive practice in the UK, though nothing to that scale, and I know I've got more risk adverse over time. I also worry that it's now so hard to get trained and approved for activities like climbing and caving that adventurous activities will just be bought in in the future, but that's all subjects for another thread....

Good work CambridgeSkip!

Ian